Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for Senior Technology Engineer in La Porte, TX.
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities:
The Metal Alkyls Technology Group is responsible for integrated process engineering solutions, process design specifications & quality, implementation of HSE guidelines (process safety), early stage project management and process optimizations within the product groups Metal Alkyls (MA), Complex Metalorganics (CMO), and High Purity Metal Organics (HPMO).
Activities Senior Technology Engineer:
- Contribute as process engineer to expansion projects (acquisition, new units, new technology), specifying criteria for engineering works and critical equipment selection. Major participant in scoping/scope change of new units
- Commissioning and start-up activities for capacity or efficiency increase projects and new plants
- Performing and participating in risk assessments
- Collaborate with key business functions and site responsible staff to drive to most efficient utilization of existing technology on sites
- Contact for R&D departments, checking viability of R&D proposals
- Retain and improve internal process technology and process safety
- Act as technology licensor as required
- Provide technical leadership for project team members and production contacts
Intended geographic scope is in North America
Possible travels as a global Technology Engineer and/or for training are not excluded – up to 25%
Main activities of the Technology Group:
- Holder and licensor of metal alkyl and complex metal organics process technology
- Planning and execution of investment projects for capacity increase of existing production
facilities and construction of new plants
- Compilation of guidelines for process safety and design standards
- Improvement of existing processes (Increase of yield, reduction of waste)
Engineering; Process, Mechanical, I&E, Automation, Civil
Requirements for Job:
B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering
At least 5 years of relevant experience in process design engineering, preferably in combination with experience on a chemical production site. Experience with organometallic chemistry preferred. Experience and familiarity working with 3rd party EPC firms a plus.
Good communication skills.
Proficient in the English language, both spoken and written
Spanish skills a plus
Know how of Process Engineering
Knowledge of Process Safety
Project management experience/skills a plus
Knowledge of aims, strategies, products and organization of sites and business unit – preferred but not mandatory
Knowledge of regulations in the areas of environment, safety and working conditions
Knowledge of economic process design
Physical demands: Must be able to access all areas of site
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemicals in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
Nouryon offers a comprehensive array of benefits to support the well-being of our employees and their families. This includes paid vacation time, paid holidays, sick time, heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision plans, and a generous retirement savings plan in which the Company matches employee contributions at 100% on the first 6% of pay and makes an additional 3%+ service-based contribution.
All applicants offered positions by Nouryon will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.