Are you searching for new exciting challenges, to be part of a highly energized and motivated global legal department, in a global environment within a growing company? This is your opportunity!
Nouryon is looking for a Legal Counsel Procurement to be part of the Legal Group at its headquarter in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Nouryon provides a wide range of high quality and sustainable ingredients that are integral to numerous key industrial processes. Markets worldwide rely on Nouryon’s essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals and personal care items. Our Legal Group safeguards the strategic objectives of the company’s businesses and provides advice on legal issues in many dynamic markets and regions.
As Legal Counsel Procurement you will be the central legal contact and therefore key player to Nouryon’s Procurement team worldwide. You will safeguard proper (procurement) processes and interact with senior procurement leadership. You will handle procurement matters with significant opportunity and exposure to Nouryon and will be responsible for the drafting and negotiations of a wide variety of purchase contract, including service agreements, engineering agreements, transport agreements and software agreements. You will also be responsible for the development of procurement templates, legal training and education of Nouryon’s Procurement team and be able to support them with respect to compliance-related challenges in concert with the compliance officer.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a global organization and a large team of lawyers worldwide with much co-operation, interaction and knowledge-sharing; Nouryon’s legal department has over 50 legal professionals located in the Netherlands, Sweden, China, Brazil, Germany and the United States.
The legal team in the Netherlands consists of around 10 people, and we are looking for a legal generalist with knowledge of a broad range of topics, who is also an excellent business advisor with good economic understanding.
• Legal Master’s Degree.
• 5+ years’ relevant working experience at a major law firm or an in-house legal department.
• Extensive experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial (purchase) agreements.
• Self-motivated and highly effective, with the ability to work independently whilst still being a team player and safeguarding the strategic objectives from legal group perspective.
• Ability to build relationships across all levels of the organization.
• Business and action-oriented problem solver; commercially savvy and committed to getting into the details of a matter and handling it through to conclusion, ability to drive innovative solutions and strategies, and appropriately balance risks.
• Outstanding legal reasoning and analysis and strategic thinking ability and strong negotiation skills.
• Excellent Dutch and English language skills.
What can Nouryon offer you?
If you share our values and ambitions, we offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. Our employment package comprises a competitive salary, 46 vacation days and an attractive bonus scheme. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Legal Director and Compliance Officer EMEA and based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Gemma Smits, +31 6 53 78 00 46. For further information on the recruitment process, please contact Rob Sanders, Recruiter, on +31 (0)6 1105 1707.
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.