We are looking for team members who bring ideas forward, champion others and work together to do better. Does that sound like you?
Global Category Manager
About the job:
Nouryon’s Houston, TX location is looking for top candidates to fill the key role of Regional Category Manager. This position is essential to:
- Leading the international Logistics categories (Ocean/Air/Freight Forwarding) across all regions.
- Optimizing and deploying International Logistics (Warehousing & Transportation) commercial agreements in cooperation with the regional category managers.
- Supporting development of a coherent regional Logistics plan aligned with each business area strategy and the individual local logistics requirements.
In your future role as a Regional Category Manager, you will:
- Lead International procurement of globally (all aspects: specify, negotiate, contracting, etc.), including contract authorization in all businesses to deliver optimal Total Cost of Ownership
- Lead Logistics global/regional tenders and strategic sourcing activities
- Contribute to the continuous assessment and benchmarking to identify logistics improvement opportunities
- Contribute to modelling & simulation, footprint development, logistics mode selection to ensure cross business and sites synergies and that the benefits are captured
- Create value and deliver financial savings with P&L (Profit and Loss) impact and process optimizations to business
- Develop and execute negotiation related to International Logistics (Sea / Air / Forwarding) and secure profitable deals
- Develop and maintain in depth market knowledge and forecasting abilities in regards of international transportation
- Lead global supplier meetings and ensure that contracted partners will meet agreed service levels and safety standards stablished by Nouryon and the Chemical Industry
- Lead regional workshops and internal meeting with aim to indent new opportunities for value creation
- Lead strategic initiatives to drive international transportation optimization
- Ensure risk management support for the implementation of Logistics change projects
- Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques to ensure non-supply disruption
- Proactive follow-up possible market and capacity changes in international logistics in all related countries and deploy contingency plans to secure the supply and ensure the most optimal costs
- Ensure commercial controls to fully leverage Nouryon’s power in the market to secure maximum benefit to individual businesses
- Work closely together with all stakeholders such as: Logistics function of Supply Chain and Manufacturing / Operations, Business Leadership Teams, Sales Managers and Procurement
- Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
- Provide rapid support to stakeholder when needed as a key channel for escalation
- Work closely with strategic suppliers as Steam Shipping Lines, Freight Forwarders and Tank Operators to drive cost down and optimize service levels
- Ensure logistics tools & processes are used and proper stablished among all business and in North and South America
- Ensure compliance
- Deliver continuous logistics improvements
- Identify best practices and benchmarks and ensure sharing and deployment within the company
- Travel: This position requires travelling
- Business or engineering degree at bachelor/university level
- At least 10 years relevant work experience in logistics/supply chain activities
- Strong background in logistics operations and safety requirements in international transportation. Desirable background in the Chemical Industry and knowledge in dangerous goods products
- Strong background on the international shipping industry
- Good understanding of external business trends to drive strategically the process standardization agenda.
- Strong Project management experience (In-depth knowledge of Nouryon (processes and methodologies, Strategic Sourcing Methodology, Lean management methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma)
- Business Warehouse / SAP
- Working in a SharePoint environment
Driving for Results
- Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; will to put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work.
- Effectively leverages negotiating strategies and tactics to reach mutually agreeable solutions; focuses on win-win solutions; outlines requirements, contingencies and timetables that help drive discussions toward completion.
- Acts on his/her own without being prompted; handles problems independently; able to resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others; does more than is expected or asked.
Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions
- Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoids making assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides clear rationale for decisions.
Acting with Integrity
- Clearly states goals and beliefs; lets people know his/her true intentions; does what he she said they would do; follows through on commitments.
- Establishes clear budgets for different activities; looks for ways to reduce the cost of activities; delivers projects on time and under budget; prevents cost overruns.
We believe you bring:
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and communicator, able to listen, able to handle team tensions
- Stress resistance, flexible, problem solving attitude
- Seen by others as credible, trustworthy, and open to new ideas
- Strong analytical & interpersonal skills and ability to influence and guide others
- Focused on results
- Good problem-solving skills, able to identify and structure issues, run accurate analyses and synthesize recommendations
- Strong desire to improve existing status
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in oral and written English
Good to know:
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Regional Logistics Procurement Manager, Global Logistics Procurement, based in Houston, TX.
Please apply via our online recruitment system. We will not accept applications via e-mail. Once it's with us we will review to see if we have a match between your skills and the role! For more information about our hiring process, visit: nouryon.com/careers/how-we-hire/
We look forward to receiving your application!
We kindly ask our internal candidates to apply with your Nouryon email via Success Factors.
We’re looking for tomorrow’s Changemakers, today.
If you’re looking for your next career move, apply today and join Nouryon’s worldwide team of Changemakers in providing essential solutions that our customers use to manufacture everyday products such as personal care, cleaning, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Our employees are driven by the wish to make an impact and actively drive positive change. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
Visit our website and follow us on LinkedIn.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or staffing companies.