Surface Chemistry is a global business unit, operating in 50 countries and employing 1500 people. The global headquarters is located in Chicago, USA, and regional marketing centres are located in Bridgewater, New Jersey, (USA), Singapore, and Stenungsund (Sweden).
One of Surface Chemistry’s three factories in the EMIEA region is located in Stockvik.The Surface Chemistry business makes surface-active agents (surfactants) used in a wide range of both industrial and consumer products, for example cleaning goods, oil-field applications, printing, paints, fabric softeners, asphalt, mining, and electronics. At the site in Stockvik we see an increasing demand for the products and the site is of strategic importance for Surface Chemistry.
About the position
We are now looking for a Technology Manager to our Site in Stockvik. As our Technology Manager you will be responsible for introduction/elimination of products and the quality control of the existing product portfolio. You will lead your team and create a capable organization where people perceive their workplace as a great place to work. Along with site management you will act as a change agent for the HSE culture and continuous improvement and be a role model for ensuring compliance with HSE policys and procedures.
- Through strong and clear leadership ensure an open constructive safety dialogue with the staff and strict compliance and adherence to Nouryon’s Life Saving rules and Golden Principle
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and Nouryon standards
- Improve the Process Safety and the safety performance and safeguard the license to operate by identifying hazards and taking appropriate actions in case new risks are identified
- Use standardized methodologies for problem solving and improvement projects
- Ensure that long term plans are in place and communicated, e.g. capex
- Provide expert know-how and input to the scoping and basic engineering of capital projects
- People management and development: Attract, lead, coach, appraise and develop employees, ensure staffing and stimulate talent(management