The Research, Development &Innovation and Technology team within Ethylene Amines has two immediate openings for a Senior Process Technologist who will play an active role in developing the technologies used in our plants in Stenungsund, Sweden, and Ningbo, China, as well as strengthen our general technology competence.
Within the team there is a need for complementary specialization and you will have the opportunity to take responsibility for developing and maintaining a high level of competence in selected technologies
You will lead project teams with multiple stakeholders representing the plants in Ningbo and Stenungsund, but also for example the Sales & Marketing and Integrated Supply Chain organizations as well as other resources within Nouryon. This gives you the right set up to build a strong an inspiring network within the company.
- Play an active role in delivering improvements to the main Process Technologies used by the Ethylene Amines business (ethylene oxide, ethanolamine and ethylene amines). Scope is both Stenungsund and Ningbo plants, particularly exploiting the synergies
- Contribute to process technology improvements, for example identify external technical developments in the broader industry and link them to business needs and assess them in a techno-economical evaluation
- Lead projects with high impact on production and business results
- Be the process owner for a part of the technologies used and with time develop towards becoming the internal expert.
- Support organization with process technology expertise such as process modelling, data analysis, equipment design, process control, separation technology
- Systematically contribute to increasing the competence level in the organizations
- Master or higher degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or an adjacent discipline
- At least 5-10 years working experience within chemical process industry
- Project leader skills
- Motivation to initiate and drive technology change processes.
- Ability to work systematically and well organized in a global environment.
- Strong communication and good command of the English language, also in writing command of the Chinese language is beneficial.
Why join us?
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the RD&I Technology Manager and based in Stenungsund.
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Rolf Edvinsson, RD&I Technology Manager, +46 303 855 80.
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Matilda Bolin, Talent Resourcing Partner, +46 70 957 71 34.
For unions related questions please contact:
Unionen: Magnus Svensson +46 303 858 38
If you have any general questions or need assistance, please contact:
More about the business
Nouryon has about 10,000 employees and operate in over 80 countries around the world. Over the course of our nearly 400-year journey to become a global specialty chemicals leader, we have built up a wealth of expertise, forged long-term customer partnerships, and earned a place among the best performing companies in our industry in terms of safety, sustainability, and reliability. Our products play an essential role in everyday life for people around the globe.
Ethylene and Sulfur Derivatives (ESD) is one of the business units within Nouryon. ESD offers very diverse chemicals which find themselves in everyday items like paints, detergents, air craft coatings, agricultural products, tiling compounds, pharmaceutics, foods, adhesives, plastics, cosmetics and many others. In general, ESD produces chemical intermediates and performance chemicals which are used by customers to make the end products as mentioned. ESD is organized in four businesses that manage eight different business lines, Chelates & Micronutrients, Sulfur Derivatives, Ethylene Amines and Performance Additives. These entities cover all global businesses with a total of 16 manufacturing sites applying a large variety of technologies.
The application process
After the closing date, we will start the selection process.
In our first selection we thoroughly go through all the applications. If your skills and qualifications match the profile we are looking for, you will be invited to an initial phone interview that takes approximately 30 minutes. If you proceed in our selection process, we invite you to a face-to-face interview that takes about 1,5 hours. There you will meet with the recruiter and the hiring manager.
In addition to this interview, you will be asked to conduct a problem-solving test and a personality analysis. We will discuss the results during the interview.
We look forward to your application!
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.