We are now looking for a Research Engineer to join our team for one year, while one of our engineers are on parental leave. In this position you would be a part of developing Expancel´s future portfolio. This is an excellent opportunity to grow as an engineer whilst contributing to the growth of Expancel and Nouryon.
You will be joining a committed and skilled team of engineers, working with Product Development and Applications. The team consists of both scientists and more junior research engineers, and since we work in functionally integrated teams you will work closely with other R&D groups and Marketing representatives.
You need to be skilled when it comes to laboratory work and procedures, as well as comfortable working both independently and with others. Since the position also requires you to deliver and present results, you need to be result oriented and a good communicator.
The main tasks and responsibilities are to:
- Lead R&D development assignments, and to report progress and results
- Ensure development progress as a team member in assigned projects
- Present results and findings in writing and oral presentations.
- Responsible for ensuring safe and correct lab trial procedure by control of recipes.
- Responsible for the evaluation of analytical results from performed or ordered synthesis and reporting of results in designated system.
- Conduct lab experiments and develop methods when needed
- Follow the HSE-legislations and HSE site rules in order to contribute to a safe workplace and environment, thus work according to Swedish legislation and Nouryon standards.
- Good understanding of polymerization and other syntheses technologies, laboratory equipment and recipes.
- University degree in Chemistry / Chemical Technology or relevant working experience
- Good communication abilities in English and Swedish – orally and in writing
- Experience in product development, laborative work, analytics or scale up
- Good knowledge regarding chemicals substances, HSE regulations and procedures.
Why join us?
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment
This is a temporary position on full time basis, with end date, December 31st 2021. Reporting to Manager Conceptual Development and placed in Stockvik.
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Anna Larsson Kron, Manager Conceptual Development, +46 70 361 76 64.
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Sara Svanbäck, HR Business Partner, +46 70-286 95 77.
If you have any general questions or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@nouryon.com
For unions related questions please contact:
Sveriges Ingenjörer, Carl Nordlander, +4660-13 42 25
Unionen, Mattias Andersson, +4660-13 41 69
Ledarna, Jenny Ersson, +4660-13 44 33
We look forward to your application!
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.