We are seeking an Ecotoxicologist for Nouryon’s Product Safety and Regulatory Affairs EMEIA department. In this role, you will provide support, knowledge and solutions in connection with testing for regional (EMEIA) substance registrations, exposure scenario development, risk assessments and new product development in the field of environmental toxicology. The position requires a in depth knowledge in the regulatory field but also a high level of social skills to maintain the necessary network and contacts with a large number of internal and external collaboration-partners.
- Contribute with ecotoxicological expertise to product safety and compliance work
- Commission, monitor and validate GLP compliant studies to be used for environmental hazard assessment
- Perform environmental exposure and risk assessments and/or monitor environmental exposure and risk assessments done by 3rd party consultants
- Critically analyze, contribute to and write technical reports
- Compile scientifically based (cost-effective) testing strategies
- Support the businesses in Nouryon for all environmental fate/health aspects in the preparation of regulatory dossiers Co-advise on the ecotoxicological profile of a substance or product to RD&I and business
- MSc or PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Ecotoxicology
- At least 5-10 years working experience in the chemical industry in regulatory ecotoxicology
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Proven experience in environmental fate, hazard, exposure and risk assessments for regulatory purposes such as REACH
- Experience in environmental exposure modelling
- Experience in monitoring fate and ecotoxicity studies (including higher tier testing) and project management
- Experience with IUCLID database and QSARs is a plus
To be successful in this position we believe that you are service oriented, have a high social competence as well as the ability to build successful and long-term relationships. You are confident in your own expertise and deliver results while maintaining a high quality and integrity in your work. You also possess the ability to work organized and efficiently and you know how to prioritize in your daily work.
Why join us?
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Global Sr Toxicologist/Team Lead. The position is based in Stenungsund or Gothenburg, Sweden.
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Josje Arts, Global Sr Toxicologist/ Team Lead +31 611 516 452.
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Wictoria Majstrand, Human Resource Business Partner, +46 70 957 76 46.
For unions related questions in Sweden please contact:
Akademikerklubben, Anna-Lena Palm, +46 733 855 113
Unionen, Helene Rosenlund, +70 821 18 39
If you have any general questions or need assistance, please contact: Recruiting.SE@Nouryon.com
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
We are organized in three Businesses:
Performance Formulations focuses on business lines based on tailored performance that require a high level of customer intimacy, such as those for personal care and agriculture.
Technology Solutions includes business lines that are an integrated part of our customers’ processes, such as catalysts and additives for the polymer and pulp industries.
Industrial Chemicals encompasses our salt-chlorine value chain, which supplies end markets ranging from lightweight metals and plastics to pharmaceuticals.
Do not forget to follow us on Linkedin and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
Film: Nouryon your partner in essential Chemistry for a sustainable future
The application process
After the closing date, we will start the selection process.
In our first selection we thoroughly go through all the applications. If your skills and qualifications match the profile we are looking for, you will be invited to an initial phone interview that takes approximately 30 minutes. If you proceed in our selection process, we invite you to a face-to-face interview that takes about 1,5 hours. There you will meet with the recruiter and the hiring manager.
We look forward to your application!
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.