Are you an engineer with an interest in bigger process equipment? Do you have an interest in chemistry, especially in practical organic synthesis? Would you like to use your knowledge to develop catalysts, scale up products and processes to multi tonne scale, and support the production site to make improvements to existing processes? We are now seeking a Senior Researcher/Pilot Plant Engineer to the Nouryon Performance Formulations Pilot Plant in Stenungsund. As a Senior Researcher in the team you will combine your knowledge within engineering and chemistry with a customer focus to serve internal and external customers. Additional responsibilities within this role are also general tasks associated with maintaining a well-functioning lab and pilot plant, such as purchasing of chemicals, developing SOPs, and performing regular safety rounds.
- Act as an chemical engineering expert as the role holder will significantly contribute to solving complex problems related to new product development, new catalyst development, process optimizations, customer complaints, trouble shooting in the plant etc
- Run assignments in accordance with prioritizations both for internal and external customers, and interpret the results. Report the results according to the routines in the management system.
- Be a core team member in our project management systsem in agreements with segment leaders.
- Take an active part both in the pilot plant and in the smaller autoclave lab by contributing to HSE, 5S, Capex investments relating questions. The position holder is also to proactively propose changes that promotes safety, quality, reliability and efficiency.
- B.Sc in Chemical Engineering or equal education
- 5-7 years of experience from the chemical industry and relevant field
- A strong emphasis will be put on practical hands on process engineering skills
- A background in organic chemistry is a strong merit
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Swedish, additional languages are an advantage
To be successful in this position we believe that you enjoy hands-on work on large equipment as well as the theoretical challenges that comes with new product development. Furthermore, you are result-oriented and have good interpersonal skills and possess the ability to be proactive and prioritize your daily work in a rational manner.
Why join us?
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
This is a permanent position position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Section Manager Product Chemistry Sts and based in Stenungsund, Sweden.
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Thomas Ljungdahl, Section Manager Product Chemistry Sts, email@example.com +46 733 855 697
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Wictoria Majstrand, HR Business Partner +46 709 577 646
For unions related questions please contact:
Akademikerklubben, Anna-Lena Palm, +46 733 855 113
Unionen, Magnus Svensson, +46 73 385 58 38
If you have any general questions or need assistance, please contact: Recruiting.SE@Nouryon.com
Nouryon is a global, specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Furthermore, the dedication of more than 9,700 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance. We operate in over 80 countries around the world with a portfolio of industry-leading brands. Visit our website and follow us @Nouryon and on LinkedIn.
The application process
After the closing date, we will start the selection process.
In our first selection we thoroughly go through all the applications. If your skills and qualifications match the profile we are looking for, you will be invited to an initial phone interview that takes approximately 30 minutes. If you proceed in our selection process, we invite you to a face-to-face interview that takes about 1,5 hours. There you will meet with the hiring manager.
We look forward to your application!
We kindly ask you as an internal candidate to apply with your Nouryon email.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.