Nouryon, a global leader in essential chemistry, is seeking a Researcher in Chemistry. The professional will support the Company's Personal Care area and focus on a variety of areas to including hair and skin. The Researcher executes complex experiments, analyzes the data for accuracy, and draws conclusions based on scientific standards in order to make recommendations on the next steps.
In your future role as Scientist you will
- Perform and report experiments necessary to attain the objectives of the business.
- Support the incremental development of new products.
- Interact with Synthesis, Analytical and marketing groups in developing new products and resolving customer concerns.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook, prepare monthly project reports, conduct literature searches, and maintain application databases.
- Execute complex experiments, analyze the data for accuracy, interpret the data, draws conclusions based on scientific standards and makes recommendations on the next steps.
- Provide technical support to the business via telephone, field, and lab including laboratory work, gathering information, and travel.
We believe you bring
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related field.
- Master's degree in relevant field preferred.
- 5-10 years personal care industry experience
We believe you are...
- Able to view projects and results in a practical manner.
- Skilled at hands-on work, in a laboratory setting, while maintaining safety standards.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to interact positively with sales staff and customers.
- Knowledgeable and proficient with normal software programs to include Microsoft Office.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
We offer you
At Nouryon, we not only offer an exciting role and nice colleagues, but also benefits in addition to your salary. Nouryon has a collective agreement with IKEM, but in addition to that, we also offer unilateral benefits such as bonus, reduced working hours, health care allowance, lunch allowance and much more.
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
Good to know
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to Maryalice Belluscio, R&D Department Manager, and based in Stenungsund.
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume. We care for your personal data (GDPR) hence we do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
We look forward to receiving your application! Once it's with us we will review to see if we have a match between your skills and the role! We aim to get back to you at the soonest but latest after application closing date, with an update on the process.
We kindly ask you as an internal candidate to apply with your Nouryon email via Success Factors.
Nouryon is a global, specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Furthermore, the dedication of more than 7,650 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance. We operate in over 80 countries around the world with a portfolio of industry-leading brands. Visit our website and follow us @Nouryon and on LinkedIn.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact hiring manager Maryalice Belluscio, R&D Department Manager, Maryalice.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the recruitment process or your application or need assistance, please contact: Recruiting.SE@Nouryon.com
For unions related questions please contact:
Sveriges Ingenjörer: Anna-Lena Palm +46 303 851 13
Unionen: Magnus Svensson +46 303 858 38 or Thomas Nilsson +46 303 856 18
IF Metall. Annika Josefsson +46 303 854 96
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.