Do you want to be part of making everyday life easier for people around the world? Without seeing it, you meet us every day in your everyday life. We are in your soles, in your mobile and in the newspaper you read. With a common commitment to innovation, sustainability and safety, our employees work daily for a sustainable future.
We are now looking for a Laboratory Engineer to work at our Surfactants Laboratory. This position will report to the Laboratory Manager. You will be joining a skilled team of engineers and professionals. Cooperation and team orientation are key in this role.
Our PQC department is supporting our plants at Site Stockvik with expertise in process engineering, process safety, laboratory engineering and quality control management. At the PQC department you will get the opportunity to further develop your talents and skills and contribute to continuously improve our organization.
- Performs and reports quality control of raw materials, intermediates and products as per request from production according ALPS procedures.
- Analyse samples according to the given analytical methods for chemical properties (by for example wet titration, gas chromatography, NIR and FTIR spectroscopy) and for physical properties (for example density, viscosity, colour, ash, solids, flash point).
- Report analytical results in the MES quality control tool.
- Service and calibrate instruments according to appropriate interval.
- Work in compliance with laws, regulations and Nouryon standards.
- Responsible for one or more 5S areas.
- Take part in occupational health and safety inspection in the laboratory according to plan.
- Take part in adapting analytical methods to new products or instruments.
- Evaluates new instruments and new methods.
- Communicates risks related to critical equipment.
- Takes part in selection of new instruments.
- Service the process labs with chemicals, equipment and analytical methods.
- Takes part in development projects related to quality control in production.
- University degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or equivalent working experience in laboratory environment.
- Six Sigma experience is preferred
- Relevant experience of work with Quality Assurance/Quality Control is preferred.
- Experience from work in chemical plant and/or relevant field is preferred.
- Capacity to critically examine results and to make decisions.
- Collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 is preferred.
- High integrity.
To be successful in this role, you are a good communicator who is proactive and driven to solve problems, both on your own and with others. You need to have a passion for working with people. You are also eager to contribute to continuous improvements, result oriented and feel comfortable working with deadlines.
Why join us?
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Laboratory Manager, and based in Stockvik.
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please Rawand Rauf, PQC Manager, +46 709 577 374.
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Carolina Jensen, Senior Recruitment Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
For unions related questions please contact:
Ledarna: Jenny Ersson +46 70 344 02 80
Sveriges Ingenjörer: Ted Svensson +46 72-217 55 84
Unionen: Mattias Andersson +46 70 428 41 03
IF Metall: Rolf Eriksson +46 70 564 38 38 or Benny Sundeborn +46 70 272 04 64
If you have any general questions or need assistance, please contact: Recruiting.SE@Nouryon.com
Nouryon is a global, specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Furthermore, the dedication of more than 9,700 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance. We operate in over 80 countries around the world with a portfolio of industry-leading brands. Visit our website and follow us @Nouryon and on LinkedIn.
The application process
We carry out a continuous selection and may close the application process before the final application date, so don’t hesitate to send us your application.
If your skills and qualifications match the profile we are looking for, you will be invited to an initial phone interview that takes approximately 30 minutes. If you proceed in our selection process, we invite you to a face-to-face interview that takes about 1,5 hours. There you will meet with the hiring manager.
We look forward to your application!
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.