We have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Import Specialist. The Import Specialist Role will be a partner in executing the trade compliance program, including the maintenance of company procedures and providing information for Trade Compliance reporting and tracking purposes.
- Maintain permissions and permits for import activities;
- Obtain and manage required import licenses;
- Monitor Customs compliance & import activities within the geographical scope;
- Maintain SAP import commercial invoice data and track changes related to Customs declarations or new statistical HTS numbers;
- Ensure valuation is correct based on the total cost of goods at border and correct use of incoterms;
- Manage and track temporary imports for accurate Customs declarations;
- Work with business to maintain accurate certificates of origin;
- Track Free Trade agreement use and savings to be reported to Trade Compliance Team;
- Ensures continual compliance with government rules and regulations, changes in policy, and other government matters through daily monitoring and direction from Nouryon Trade Compliance;
- Provide daily import operational guidance to business units and service providers, including brokers and transportation companies;
- Coordinate communications/approvals between shipping and receiving locations to ensure timely clearance of imports per incoterms;
- Coordinate Import declarations and Customs Approvals with Customs Broker;
- Audit and assess importer compliance with Customs regulations
- Provide coordination and management on:
- product returns processes
- equipment return processes
- raw material inbound process
- 2-7+ years import/export experience with emphasis on Import Customs regulations;
- Experience with customs clearance and other customs formalities;
- Experience with certificates of origin for both non-preferential treatment and preferential treatment under one or more Free Trade Agreements;
- Knowledge of import Government Agency processes;
- Experience managing the import process
- Ability to identify compliance-related risk and make recommendations for mitigating risk;
- Experience working with trade compliance tools and processes;
- Strong collaborative skills;
- Knowledge on Dangerous Goods Handling
- Strong understanding of import (HTS) classifications.
Why join us?
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Supply Manager and based in Bohus, Sweden.
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Fredrik Isaksson, Supply Manager +4630385077
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Matilda Bolin, Recruitment Specialist +46709577134
For unions related questions please contact:
Akademikerklubben, Anna-Lena Palm, +46 733 855 113
Unionen, Helene Rosenlund, +4670 821 18 39
If you have any general questions or need assistance, please contact: Recruiting.SE@Nouryon.com
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
We are organized in three Businesses:
Performance Formulations focuses on business lines based on tailored performance that require a high level of customer intimacy, such as those for personal care and agriculture.
Technology Solutions includes business lines that are an integrated part of our customers’ processes, such as catalysts and additives for the polymer and pulp industries.
Industrial Chemicals encompasses our salt-chlorine value chain, which supplies end markets ranging from lightweight metals and plastics to pharmaceuticals.
Do not forget to follow us on Linkedin and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
Film: Nouryon your partner in essential Chemistry for a sustainable future
The application process
After the closing date, we will start the selection process.
In our first selection we thoroughly go through all the applications. If your skills and qualifications match the profile we are looking for, you will be invited to an initial phone interview that takes approximately 30 minutes. If you proceed in our selection process we invite you to a face-to-face interview that takes about 1,5 hours. There you will meet with the the hiring manager.
We look forward to your application!
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.