Here in North America, our Specialty Chemicals business operates across 22 production, research and office sites in Canada, Mexico and the United States, including the world’s largest fatty amines facility, located in Morris, IL. (US).Nearly 2,000 employees in the region are dedicated to providing industries worldwide with the materials they need to manufacture everyday essentials such as paper, plastics, detergents, personal care and hair styling products, as well as key ingredients for the construction, oil and gas, agricultural, mining and pharmaceutical sectors. Building on our long-standing commitment to safety, sustainability and open innovation, we have established a world-class business built on strong partnerships with our customers. The global headquarters for two of our core businesses – Surface Chemistry and Polymer Chemistry – is located in Chicago, and the region as a whole accounts for approximately one quarter of Specialty Chemicals’ annual worldwide revenue.
The Site NPR Procurement Manager, Northern Region will perform the following activities:
- Secure an optimized and stable supply of material and services to the manufacturing sites while maintaining a strong link and alignment with the other members of the regional NPR (Non-Product Related Purchasing / Indirect Spend) Procurement Leadership Team.
- Lead and develop a team of tactical NPR site buyers within the region to secure supply to the sites by applying risk mitigation methodology and monitor the supplier base.
- Act as the main point of contact for site General Managers and participate in site management meetings. Work with the tactical buying team and the regional NPR Management team to align on priorities and activities for the sites.
- Support team with escalated issues and work with the regional NPR management and stakeholders to resolve those with high speed and attention.
- Lead and coach the administrative and tactical buying team to facilitate and support development activities within the region.
- Plan, support and staff CapEx projects below <1 meur and secure timely implementation of medium and large sized projects together with tactical buying team.>
- Manage the team of procurement administrators whom will support both the PR and NPR contract and vendor data and related administrative activities in the procurement systems.
- Together with teams, continuously seek opportunities to lower cost and spending while working closely with key stakeholders at the sites and support implementation of the regional category strategies.
Level of Autonomy:
This position is expected to be decisive and efficient in making decision to secure supply and resolve issues but should align major decisions with the direct manager and potentially stakeholders
Examples of Challenges:
- If a site is faced with a situation where a supplier may cause disturbances at the site, the position holder will have the mandate to take urgent decisions and action to resolve the temporary shortage but is expected to inform the direct manager.
- The manager shall have the right to lead the own team to allocate resources and support as needed when workload changes between sites to ensure that the NPR procurement team is efficiently supporting the business needs.