Provide Reliability Engineering support to the site. Is the primary driver of Reliability improvements for the site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead direct reports to ensure participation in plant safety processes and compliance with Life Saving Rules.
- Supervise direct reports, including approving weekly time sheets, personal development goal setting and performance reviews, approving vacation, implementing discipline, and recommending recognition.
- Track and report key performance indicators for the department.
- Drive reliability performance using the most appropriate and effective tools and techniques.
- Improve existing PM/PdM programs, historical trends, and KPI data for early identification and resolution of reliability issues. Communicate PM/PdM scope changes to the Planner/Scheduler for inclusion in SAP.
- Continuously improve Maintenance efficiency and costs through improved equipment reliability.
- Develop and implement risk management strategies to include predictive and preventive maintenance systems (vibration analysis, lubrication oil analysis, motor circuit evaluation, corrosion monitoring, thermography, equipment laser alignment, steam trap monitoring, etc.).
- Develop Maintenance procedures to improve equipment reliability/efficiency and minimize repair cost.
- Provide troubleshooting support to operating units on equipment reliability including emergency work reviews.
- Lead and coach others in Root Cause Analysis problem solving efforts.
- Lead disciplined and systematic equipment maintenance strategy development efforts.
- Lead the monthly review of equipment “bad actors” creating action plans for increasing reliability, and monitoring performance vs. expected results of the changes from the action plans.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor on follow-up from completed work packages.
- Identify and promote skills training for all direct reports.
- Participate in all incident investigations involving direct reports, and report all incidents within the plant’s required time frame. Create and update Unusual Incident Reports (UIR’s) as required.
- Develop and implement departmental procedures.
- Other duties as required.
ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH, SAFETY AND SECURITY SPECIFIC
- Understands and helps implement the SBU HSES / Responsible Care Policy and related objectives.
- Aware of potential environmental, health, safety and security impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
- Understands and implements any parts of the Houston Environmental Compliance Plans, Waste Management Plans and Emergency Response Plan that applies to area of responsibility.
- Participates in the site's on-going Pollution Prevention Process.
- Participates in the site’s HSE&S processes and training activities.
- Is knowledgeable and complies with all state, federal, and local regulations and complies with Nouryon standards and directives.