Key Objectives of the Job:
• Provide experimental support and work on the assigned tasks mainly synthesis projects and follow up safety procedures.
• Take lead on the safety activities, working as site HSE coordinator and BBS committee member.
• Assist on works covering local communication focal point, RD systems maintenance and organizing RD events etc.
• Provide experimental support to synthesis lab according to the assignments.
• Run analysis to characterize the raw material and product.
• Generate project documentation including detailed experiment procedure, experiment summary and so on.
• Help on the equipment maintenance and lab inventory. Help on the lab housekeeping.
• Assist on chemicals and lab consumables ordering
• Strictly follow the standard operation procedure (SOP) and ensure the accuracy and reliability of the test results.
• Take lead on the safety activities, working as site HSE coordinator and BBS committee member, according to the company policy.
• Support on establishment and maintenance of rigorous safety procedures to guarantee zero Lost Time injury in both lab and office
• Be involved in site HSE&S efforts. This may include(not limited to) involvement in BBS, SAQ, safety committee, incident investigation, safety inspections, internal/local audits, risk assessment, hazard studies, and others as deemed necessary by the site management for the continual improvement of site HSE&S performance.
• Assist on organizing company events (team building, RD review etc.)
• Help operate, keep, maintain and train on RD systems, share-point etc.
• Work as local communication focal point and distribute BU news from Corporate
• Bachelor or above degree in chemical engineer, organic chemistry or related major.
• Experimental skills on organic synthesis and/or polymer synthesis, as well as the understanding of basic analysis and characterization methods (eg NMR, GC, LC, MS, GPC, titration, pH value, viscosity).
• Ability to work in a multicultural and multinational company environment.
• Good team player and be good at communicating.
• Quick and active learner.
• Attention to details.
• Good command of Microsoft office.