We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 7.900 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Demand Manager position in Amersfoort (NL). The position is within the business line Paints & Coatings, part of Performance Formulations. The annual salary for this position will be between 57.500 – 88.000, depending on seniority and experience.
The Demand Manager is responsible to deliver a monthly demand plan as part of the business planning process for the responsible area that is approved through the Demand Management Review process. The Demand Manager will build on the combination of statistical forecasting practices and scenario planning to develop the sales forecast. The role will focus on increasing the efficiency of the supply chain through targeted forecast accuracy and associated KPIs to ensure product is available to meet the sales plan, while minimizing operational costs.
- Demand Forecast:
- Analyze and manage the forecast and compare with historical sales history - Time period of relevance is 1 to 24-month future horizon.
- Fundamental work product is a 24 month forward look at the global demand at material/ship-to-customer level, aggregated as necessary.
- Secondary work product is a detailed, historical database of the 24-month forecasts for purposes of error analysis and corrective action.
- Secondary work product is also a detailed demand history (actual) that can be aligned to forecast for comparison and context.
- Monthly reporting of Demand Management scorecard.
- Stakeholder Management:
- Coordinate the execution of the demand plan with responsible sales teams and customer services teams, effectively managing any exceptions with supply capability.
- Work collaboratively with the Sales Managers to ensure key assumptions on anticipated market movements and commercial strategy are reflected within the forecasts.
- Actively communicate situation on slow moving products / discontinued products to the Sales Managers.
- Forecast Segmentation and Statistical Forecast Models:
- Realize forecast segmentation to identify materials applicable to collaborative forecast and products that require market information. Re-evaluation at least annually to ensure correct forecast segment. Maintenance in both SAP and Arkieva (S&OP system).
- Determine the model that fits best to the business patterns. Puts the model concerned into Arkieva, in order to give guidelines to sales managers and planners for their forecasting activities.
- Assure that new product/plant combinations are assigned the relevant statistical model.
- Power User SAP and Arkieva:
- Create material for training of users of SAP/R3 and Arkieva. Carry out training of relevant personnel to support continuous improvement (Planners, Sales Managers, and Customer Service etc.).
- Act as a project leader or participant in demand management projects with a minor (financial) impact. Focus in these projects is on SAP and Arkieva changes. Scope includes the management of external expertise.
- Maintenance of Arkieva master data (re-alignments) relevant for the forecast process.
- Business Planning:
- Prepare and facilitate global and regional Demand Management Reviews (DMR).
- Provide input to the Supply Management Review (SMR) in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Support the Demand Supply Review (DSR) to drive tactical implementation of the approved plans within 1-3 months horizon.
- Collaborates throughout the IBP process in the development of the plan, providing ad-hoc analytics and reports.
- Improvement Suggestions:
- Propose tools and structures for the improvement of the planning function and, after consultation with the Business Planning Manager, implements these structures.
- Manage specific Supply Chain projects to meet budget requirements, project timelines, goals, business objectives etc.
- Understanding of forecasting models & statistics (to discern differences between model parameters and identify best models to forecast).
- Excel: comfort with Pivot tables, basic spreadsheet modeling and analysis.
- Familiarity with Power BI.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Engineering, Supply Chain, or related discipline.
- Highly proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, SharePoint).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Demonstrable capability to analyze data (including mass cross-reference data validation, trending and forecasting).
- Strong communication skills (in English); able to communicate with all functional levels within and outside, the business.
- Experience with SAP (or equivalent ERP system), Business Warehouse (or equivalent data warehouse) and Arkieva (or equivalent advanced planning software).
- Solid understanding of supply chain and business processes.
- Ability to prioritize and proactively complete projects, with little direction.
- Process driven attitude and results-orientated.
- APICS CPIM or CSCP is preferred.
- Willing to travel (approx. 5% regional or global).
Why join us?
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Business Planning & Supply Chain Manager Paints & Coatings.
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Robert van Wagtendonk, Business Planning & Supply Chain Manager Paints & Coatings, +31651894146
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Rob Sanders, Recruiter, email@example.com.
The application process
After the closing date, we will start the selection process.
In our first selection we thoroughly go through all the applications. If your skills and qualifications match the profile we are looking for, you will be invited to an initial phone interview that takes approximately 30 minutes. If you proceed in our selection process, we invite you to a face-to-face interview that takes about 1,5 hours. There you will meet with the hiring manager.
Do not forget to follow us on Linkedin and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We look forward to your application!
We kindly ask you as an internal candidate to apply with your Nouryon email.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.