We are now looking for a Research Engineer to join our team from January 2022 and for 12 months. In this position you would be a part of developing Expancel´s future portfolio. This is an excellent opportunity to grow as an engineer whilst contributing to the growth of Expancel and Nouryon.
You will be joining a committed and skilled team of engineers, working with Product Development and Applications. The team consists of both scientists and more junior research engineers, and since we work in functionally integrated teams you will work closely with other R&D groups and Marketing representatives.
You need to be skilled when it comes to product related chemistry, laboratory work and procedures, as well as comfortable working both independently and with others. Since the position also requires you to deliver and present results, you need to be result oriented and a good communicator.
The main tasks and responsibilities are to:
- Lead R&D development assignments, and to report progress and results
- Ensure development progress as a team member in assigned projects
- Design and conduct application related evaluations
- Conduct lab experiments and develop methods when needed
- Ensure safe and correct lab trial procedure by control of recipes.
- Evaluate analytical results from performed or ordered synthesis and reporting of results in designated system.
- Present results and findings in writing and oral presentations
- Follow the HSE-legislations and HSE site rules in order to contribute to a safe workplace and environment, thus work according to Swedish legislation and Nouryon standards.
- Good understanding of polymerization and other syntheses technologies, laboratory equipment and microsphere manufacturing formulations and recipes.
- University degree in Chemistry / Chemical Technology or relevant working experience
- Good communication abilities in English and Swedish – orally and in writing
- Experience in product development, application related trials and evaluations, laborative work, analytics or scale up
- Good knowledge regarding chemicals substances, HSE regulations and procedures.
This is a temporary position on full time basis, in the period January, 1:st - December, 31:st, 2022 and reporting to Product Development Manager and placed in Stockvik.
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Anna Larsson Kron, Product Development Manager, +46 70 361 76 64.
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Sara Svanbäck, HR Business Partner, +46 70-286 95 77.
If you have any general questions or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@nouryon.com
Nouryon is a global, specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Furthermore, the dedication of more than 9,700 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance. We operate in over 80 countries around the world with a portfolio of industry-leading brands. Visit our website and follow us @Nouryon and on LinkedIn.
The application process
After the closing date, we will start the selection process.
In our first selection we thoroughly go through all the applications. If your skills and qualifications match the profile we are looking for, you will be invited to an initial phone interview that takes approximately 30 minutes. If you proceed in our selection process, we invite you to a face-to-face interview that takes about 1,5 hours. There you will meet with the hiring manager.
We look forward to your application!
We kindly ask you as an internal candidate to apply with your Nouryon email.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.