Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
With leading market positions and global brands, our Ethylene and Sulfur Derivatives Business Unit ensures that industries worldwide are supplied with quality ingredients: chemical intermediates and performance chemicals such as cellulosic specialties, chelates, ethylene amines, micronutrients, polysulfides and sulfur products.
We currently have an opening for a Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor for our Lemoyne, AL facility. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Compliance : Ensure compliance with OSHA, ANSI, or other safety compliance standards as applicable. Ensure compliance with Nouryon HSE Policy, Directives, Rules & Procedures
- Advise: Be an influential advisor to line management by building and fostering a deep understanding of the theoretical concepts, industry standards and best practices.
- Processes: Build line management understanding of safety processes as it relates to operations and maintenance at the site.
- Culture: Drive a culture of continuous improvement around safety practices and mindsets.
- Role Model: Spend time engaging with employees and acting as a role model for compliance and commitment to Regulatory and Company policies.
- Root Cause: Conduct incident investigations and develop sustainable corrective actions and follow up.
- Owner of BBS Program: Role model through acting as Behaviour Based Safety facilitator and Champion in 5S to ensure compliance/commitment with HSE&S policy and procedures; demonstrate best practice by going to Gemba to understand and support operational discipline
- Site Security: Ensure the facilities compliance to federal regulations and Nouryon security standards.
- Bachelor, Masters or Doctorate level qualification in HSE, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a processing area with a focus on Safety and/or Engineering in a PSM regulated environment.
- Strong strategic and conceptual skills with ability to execute and follow through;
- Positive influencing: ability to convince others, gain agreement or acceptance of plans, activities and ability to move others willingly towards a desired goal or course of action;
- Ability to drive continuous improvement of the processes, policies, standards;
- Able to work in an inclusive way in the HSE community to make sure the business experiences ‘one voice’ and the teams collective objectives are met;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, entrepreneurship, result oriented, negotiation, problem solving, project management, business acumen;
- Very good verbal and written English language skills;
- Relevant experience in different multiple units, disciplines, locations and/or other companies;
- SAP experience preferred.
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of its employees globally. We want to be the best – to use our leading market positions to deliver a leading performance – and for that, we need YOU! Find out how our values make Nouryon the employer of choice.
As a leading specialty chemical company Nouryon is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.