Career Opportunity: Sr. Regulatory Manager & Agro/Food Focal Point – Req. #5308
Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. The dedication of more than 8,000 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability, and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Regulatory Manager & Agro/Food Focal Point in Bridgewater, NJ.
This role is built on the Sr Regulatory Manager role. Its main objective is to act as Global Focal Point for the Agro & Food business but also acting as a senior advocacy manager.
- Support business growth targets by providing global and strategic product/substance regulatory advice to the Business Line (BL)
- Collaborate with Regional BL focal points to ensure global coverage
- Proactively summarize relevant regulatory developments/trends and communicate their implications and evaluate global business impact (products, priorities) for the BL
- Proactively monitor relevant regulatory developments/trends in North America and communicate their implications and evaluate strategic business impact for Nouryon
Evaluate Global Product Compliance
- Responsible for following up BL specific compliance issues, in close alignment with PSRA management, Business Line management and Legal.
- Provide regulatory expertise and coordinate a dedicated team of regional business line focal points.
- Responsible for initiating registration / notification activities with the registration dossier managers/regional focal points and BL representatives.
Proactive Monitoring of Chemical Regulation Developments/Trends
- Monitor and interpret relevant (existing and developing) chemical regulations and assess impact on business line to provide strategic input to the BL MT.
- Manage BL substance specific issues. Evaluate business impact and coordinate with global PSRA issue managers for bigger issues (e.g. Microplastics, Nano).
Provide Strategic Customer Support
- Act as senior advisor in answering (complex) regulatory enquires from strategic customers and other stakeholders.
- Provide regulatory support and participate in product stewardship activities with external strategic customers.
Provide Innovation Support
- Provide global strategic regulatory advice for the development and launch of new offerings into applicable regional markets. Coordinate with regional focal points/dossier managers.
- Provide PSRA input and advice in the innovation process for the BL.
Strategic Advocacy and Lobbying
- Represent Nouryon’s business interests with North America authorities, taking care of the interests of the business by providing information and active participation in the law and regulation making process. Developing industry strategies and action plans needed for e.g. risk assessment, implementation of new legislation and or other regulatory affairs issues.
- Represent Nouryon interests in the relevant industry Associations (e.g. ACC) and actively participate in initiating, developing, and promoting industry strategies and action plans.
- As part of the A&L network ensure alignment on companywide PSRA issues.
- Act as ambassador for PSRA issues at the interface between authorities, industry associations and the internal company organization including Governmental Affairs, HSE and Legal.
- M. Sc in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or related field and > 10 years of relevant experience
- Broad (and deep) background in chemical regulations, hazard communication and product stewardship
- Keen knowledge of products/chemistries and applications of the business line or ability to learn quickly
- Exposed to working and impacting globally, preferably in or close to a business
- Experience from interactions with senior management as member of a management team or similar
- Proven seniority in acting with other company functions or external bodies such as authorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to explain regulatory demands in a concise and clear way for Non-PSRA people
- Effectively communicate with Senior Management
- Understand different perspectives from stakeholders, business priorities and risk
- Demonstrate proactiveness and leadership
- Reaching out to business line key people to resolve issues and escalate when necessary
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency with a balanced message
- Take ownership to deliver on a task and solve problems for the benefit of the business
*All applicants offered positions by Nouryon, will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons*
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status*