The Functional Information Technology (IT) Manager is the strategic IT partner that supports dedicated business lines. The Manager will lead a team of IT professionals that are, at times, supplemented with external hires based on project needs. The IT Manager specifically focuses on the Company’s Marketing & Sales, Customer Service, and Commercial lines. This includes the Company’s Commercial Growth Accelerator program designed to find innovative ways to increase sales. The IT Manager is responsible for building and enhancing relationships with key business stakeholders to actively manage their projects and expectations.
Functional Information Management
- Serve as the Point of Contact (POC) for IT related issues, projects, and requests.
- Leverage IT knowledge to support strategic and innovative thinking in the business through clear articulation of IM capabilities and proactive value propositions.
- Continuously improve existing IM systems, applications and services in the areas commercial reporting, digital channels, and CRM in close alignment with Enterprise Architects and Delivery Managers.
- Ensure projects and solution directions are aligned with Enterprise Architecture principles, Cyber Security guidelines and IM Services procedures.
- Help to resolve IM demand conflicts, recommending escalation where appropriate for resolution.
- Plan and ensure correct administration in ServiceNow ITBM; manage, track and report on this portfolio to relevant stakeholders.
- Create IT Strategy and Information Plan for dedicated business lines including the Commercial Growth Accelerator program.
- Own IT escalations until successfully transferred or solved.
- Create project charters including value case, risk assessment and feasibility assessment to get budget allocated for proposed projects.
Business Relationship Management
- Build and enhance relationships with key business/ function stakeholders and actively manage their expectations and satisfaction.
- Collect initiatives, business requirements and expectations from executives and senior managers in Marketing & Sales, including but not limited to Commercial Reporting, Go-to-market models, CRM, and Learning & development.
- Ensure that relevant stakeholders are involved in and informed about any new services and/or major changes to existing services in the respective areas.
- Ensure sufficient and coherent IT communication towards the business/ functions.
- Develop an ideation culture and facilitate on go / no go for new ideas.
- Participate in field research in pursuit of new solution and to evaluate the applicability and effectiveness of current solutions.
- Leads a team of IT professionals that are involved in project delivery and supplemented with external hires based on the needs of the project.
- Allocate Solution Architects in the areas Digital Commercial systems, CRM and SAP SD to IT projects using ServiceNow ITBM.
- Review and adjust priorities and activities of Solution Architects on a regular basis.
- Engage Solution Architects in defining a strategy, projects, and improvements in the areas Digital, CRM and SAP SD.
- Help Solution Architects to set objectives in alignment with Nouryon and IT Strategy.
- Identify development opportunities for Solution Architects and help them to create a development plan.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor/ Master’s Degree in Business Management, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field of study.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience preferred in Demand Management or Account Management role as used to forecast, plan for, and manage the demand for IT projects and services.
- Minimum of 2 years managing IT professionals in a professional environment.
- Experienced with Digital Commercial Systems including web portals, enterprise integrations, Dynamics CRM, SAP SD.
- Experience in strategy development, creating and executing IT roadmaps
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft Technology Stack.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good in building long-lasting, valuable working relationships.
- Partner for Senior executive level and adding value here.
- Broad interest in and knowledge of IT.
- Strong in strategic topics, adding value to vision and strategy.