The Americas Logistics Hub Manager is responsible for the execution and management of logistics operations related to a set of transportation modes, international trade compliance programs/processes, Transportation Management Systems (TMS), warehouse/terminal/depot networks, analytics activities, and process excellence, which align to the Americas hub structure (most of North and South American countries), and for continuously enabling business operational and strategic needs.
- Lead Americas logistics operations across modes/activities (road, ocean, air, warehouse/terminals, import/export, returnable fleets, etc…) managed by the North American and Latin American hub teams in alignment with the direction set by the Global Logistics Leader.
- Lead the Americas logistics operations through a strategic transformation program in alignment with the direction set by the Global Logistics Leader.
- Act as an effective people leader of the Americas Hub structure, build strong relationships and teams, commit to the growth of individuals on team, and lead by example.
- Lead the execution of international trade compliance programs, processes, and associated continuous improvement activities in partnership with regional trade compliance manager.
- Lead the adjustments to organizational design based on business needs and/or productivity improvement opportunities.
- Drive Logistics Hub engagement and integration with business S&OP/Integrated Business Planning (IBP) processes, ensuring effective two-way information flow.
- Support Americas Logistics Hub personnel through development of training, setting objectives and performance reviews, as well as hiring, salary adjustments, promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action decisions.
- Provide oversight to Logistics Modal Team Leads, any satellite location logistics team members/focal points and TMS, distribution data, and Process Excellence Analysts to ensure established processes and best practices are utilized and effective process controls are in place.
- Execute logistics improvement initiatives related to activities managed under the Americas Hub.
- Establish operational goals and timelines and drive teams to deliver according to safety, cost and service goals.
- Communicate and escalate operational, performance, or budgetary issues / opportunities / recommendations to the Global Logistics Leader.
- Drive analytics to monitor carrier performance and identify opportunities to optimize costs while maximizing safety and service.
- Manage logistics costs and service levels for in scope transport modes.
- Work with the business teams and logistics procurement team to implement opportunities to lower costs, improve safety and service, and facilitate business growth.
- Manage both leased and owned fleets.
- Interact with other Logistics Hub leaders, Business Unit leaders, and regional leaders to implement improvement initiatives, address any performance challenges, and ensure alignment in operations and accountabilities.
- Lead and model Nouryon Values to include driving code of conduct compliance.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Operations Research, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, or related field from 4-year accredited college or university.
- Minimum 7 years management experience in logistics / supply chain for a global company, including extensive import/export experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience with chemical logistics (dangerous goods and specialty chemicals preferred) and associated international shipping and trade compliance experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven leadership skills including leading a diverse team with a clear vision and strategy, results-orientation, change catalyst, and developing people.
- Demonstrated knowledge and leadership experience in managing logistics activities at a global level.
- Ability to develop and execute operational goals.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to communicate with various levels and functions within the organization, including global team members.
- Ability to make effective decisions based on data available while setting a clear path forward.
- Experience with oversight of multiple key tactical and strategic initiatives in parallel and/or involvement in a business transformation project.
- A strong balance of strategic thinking and tactical operations management skills.
- Experience with carrier relationship management.
- Working knowledge and history of using computers and programs specific to logistics (SAP, TMS, WMS) and to general business management (MS Excel, Word).
- Position may require up to 40% travel, primarily across North America region, with occasional travel to Latin America.