Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for an “Global Process Owner – Order to Cash” in Houston, TX.
The Global Process Owner is responsible for oversight and governance of the end-to-end Order-To-Cash (O2C) process. The O2C process includes customer order generation, customer credit checking, order fulfillment, customer invoicing, payments and collections. The position will work globally across functions as well as across geographic and business boundaries. They will play a key role in end-to-end process strategy, global process design, performance monitoring, technology road map and long-range plan. The Global Process Owner will lead engagement with Customer Service, Logistics, Trade Compliance, IBP, Finance, Business, Cross-Functional Board, Compliance and other functional leaders.
Though the Global Process Owner for O2C reports to Global Director of Customer Service they are accountable to the Cross-Functional Board for strategic alignment, decision-making, and cross E2E process issue resolution.
Aligned with the corporate strategy and objectives the O2C Global Process owner will develop and refine the for the O2C E2E process area, aligned to overall company strategy, and enabling the enterprise to serve customers in a highly productive, reliable, compliant and competitive fashion. These accountabilities include:
- Process – document both within O2C and across other E2E processes
- People – oversee roles and accountabilities in the O2C process regardless of their functional reporting, ensure highly accessible and effective O2C training and development resources and processes
- Systems – determine where technology can be appropriately deployed and define the functionality to support the O2C process
- Data – ensure definition and quality of master data used in the process
- Performance Measurement & Continuous Improvement
- Understand the O2C current state, identify deficiencies and from that base of knowledge, prioritize needs, propose future organizational needs, and gain alignment to remediation plans with milestone timing to the Cross-Functional Board.
Other responsibilities include:
- Own and lead the O2C process to drive standardization, compliance, automation and continuous improvement
- External benchmarking to ensure process optimization and best practices
- Set process targets and KPIs to demonstrate performance and process alignment to business requirements
- Ownership of the O2C process, its documentation, and platforms to make all related information and operating discipline user friendly, easily accessible and highly effective
- Management of global change request approvals and transformational improvements
- Set operating cadence and reporting with cross-functional leadership to ensure process, guidelines and policies are respected
- Identify any material deviations from the process and work with the relevant cross-functional leadership to develop corrective action plans and enforce the process
- Establish and govern the O2C policies and procedures
- This position is responsible for building and maintaining strong executive relationship with the functional leaders, business leaders, and cross-functional board.
- Coordinate and engage with key stakeholder groups across the service centers, global and local functional teams
- Act as a single point of contact with various stakeholders to facilitate O2C process, identify pain points and identify new/changing business opportunities.
- Support change management and communication efforts for critical transformation projects
- Develops a culture of customer first, collaboration, innovation and risk taking, speed and flexibility.
- Governs global process and design standards; identify and escalate (if necessary) process deviations that are not driven by local, regulatory considerations
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and other regulatory and process requirements
- Conceive and implement a self-audit process to proactively identify improvement opportunities which improve process value, increase compliance and reduce costs
- Establish a robust feedback, corrective actions and communications process
- Lead the challenge of internal thinking with a view towards ensuring continuous improvement of the O2C process and its implementation
Job Competencies and Skills
- Excellent team builder and talent developer
- Executive presence, excellent influencing skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization both orally and in written communication
- Global business and cross functional leadership and change management experience
- Strong customer focused mindset and ability to drive excellence both for internal business partners and external customers
- A self-starter with the ability to think, act/execute on a strategic level combined with the ability to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details
- Strong business process improvement orientation
- Quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong international operational experience with contract management experience
- Ability to work on legal/compliance matters
- Experience with key analytic applications (e.g. Microsoft suite) and core business applications (e.g. CRM, SAP)
- Functional knowledge of commercial and operational processes
- Managerial skills (people, projects and workflow).
Education / Experiences preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Supply Chain or related field;
- 10+ years in sales and/or business operations (preferably process, customer support or services operations)
- Experienced in managing sales or customer service organization
- Good presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Preferred: MBA, and/or Bachelor of Business Administration
- Preferred experience in Chemicals or Oil and Gas