Career Opportunity: NPR Category Manager – Req. 5169
Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. The dedication of more than 8,000 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability, and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an excellent opportunity for a NPR Category Manager in Houston, TX.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for the assigned categories (Operational Spend) designed to support the identified business needs in line with the Regional Procurement strategy and the SSM methodology.
- Actively engage with key stakeholders from different Business Units to gather business requirements and specifications within the region and incorporate into sourcing strategies, supplier selections and decisions.
- Select, drive and develop suppliers in line with organizational business requirements and track supplier performance on a continuous basis in collaboration with the tactical procurement team in the region as well as key stakeholders at the sites.
- In addition, the position holder is expected to balance cost with quality improvements and supply reliability by consolidating and raising the performance of the supplier base.
- Builds and maintains competitive contacts with suppliers to secure total cost of ownership solutions.
- Leads value engineering and other cost reduction activity both cross functionally and across businesses and sites to identity and capture synergies.
- Develops plans for the short-term and long-term security of supply.
- Identifies alternative suppliers and products for innovation, improved sustainability, cost reduction and in support of business strategy in coordination with the business.
- Responsible for the collection and interpretation of market data and intelligence that impacts the categories that are under direct responsibility.
- Becomes the “go to” person for assigned spend within the region and stimulates cross business cooperation.
- Works with global category managers and category buyers to implement contracts, supplier changes and projects and is responsible to secure a strong collaboration and link between tactical and strategic procurement across the region.
- Maintains a close collaboration with the Capex Procurement Project Manager in the region and provides sourcing recommendation for large and mid-sized capex project acting as a category expert.
- Takes an active role in the global category network to align decisions and activities around common suppliers with category managers from other regions to manage and coordinate the business relationship
- Represents the Business both inside and outside Nouryon; builds and maintains a network of business contacts in support of organizational objectives; conducts business in a responsible and ethical manner.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree, in a Business related area or industry
- Minimum 5 years procurement experience of strategic procurement and category management, leadership experience is a plus
- Travel: Regular travel expected
Skills & Competencies:
- Extensive negotiation experience and ability to influence people and selling concepts and ideas Advanced strategic thinking skills with ability to analyze data, understand interdependencies and develop strategies at a regional or global category level.
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization Excellent relationship builder and skilled at managing external contacts.
- Comprehensive experience of working with international sourcing across regions in high complexity environment.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership with a high level of autonomy to develop spend and cost reduction projects and execute on those together with stakeholders and other procurement members.
- Willingness to work with personal cost targets and having the ability to develop and change strategy and apply various tools and actions to reach targets.
*All applicants offered positions by Nouryon, will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons*
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status*