Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Process Quality Control Manager in Morris, Illinois.
To manage all the technical aspects for the whole operation in the Morris Facility including: Project administration (capital investments), Quality Assurance, Process Quality Control, and Technical Service for all the products made or commercialized in the Morris Operation.
• To be the representative of Management for the Quality Issues, Performing the activities defined in the Integrated Administrative System with the authority to solve and take actions in all the departments as needed and according with the quality assurance plan.
• To execute the projects on time and money budgeted, and assist the Administrative Manager for the issue of the AR, investment forms. So as the tracking of the projects progress so as the reporting to the General Manager of the project status.
• To direct the Process Engineering Activities, keeping the targeted Quality and Yields parameters under control by auditing periodically production activities, or by requirement of the Site Director, supplying the knowledge and expertise to solve the problems.
• To provide technical support to Customers to introduce new products, coordinating the participation of the Technical Service Manager and or the TDM´s of the corresponding business unit, as needed.
• To provide technical support to Customers to solve technical problems with current products, coordinating the participation of the Technical Service Manager and or the TDM´s of the Business units as needed.
• To provide technical support to Customers related to the Safety Health and Environmental characteristics of our products.
• To conduct the activities of the Management Review of the Quality Assurance System
• To plan the training of the people, to assure, the best technical support for the Morris Operation.
• To keep updated files and ISO complying filing of the technical information of the products and processes so as the specifications of the products.
• Other duties and assignments as directed by Site Director.
Bachelor’s in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience
• 10+ years’ experience in chemical industry
• Strong leadership experience preferred
• Working knowledge of plant processes
• Able to work in chemical plant environment
• Must be able to wear respirator
• Able to read, write and communicate in English
• Strong communication, teamwork and planning skills
• Must be able to wear steel toed shoes and hard hat when going into the plants
• Must be able to walk around plant and climb ladders, stairs, etc.