Location: Pasadena, TX.
This position is responsible for the safe and effective operation of the Pasadena logistics organization which duties include shipping and receiving products along with the safe storage utilizing onsite buildings.
Directly, 5 Shipping/Receiving Operators; 5 Truck Drivers
Indirectly: 7 Logistics Technicians
Interfaces with all levels of management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
- Supervise the loading of products in preparation for final shipment to customers.
- Oversee the process of receiving raw materials and off- loading them safely.
- Develop and train Shipping/Receiving operators to meet applicable guidelines including new operator qualification and requalification’s.
- Ensure equipment in area is properly maintained.
- Update and maintain inventory in SAP.
- Communicate with order entry functions to evaluate and ensure customer needs and work closely with customer service on deliveries.
- Monitor and correct warehouse housekeeping standards.
- Other duties and assignments as directed my manager.
HEALTH, SAFETY, SECURITY and ENVIRONMENT SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and help implement the Pasadena Functional Chemicals Site Operating Policy and Objectives which includes ISO/RC 14001.
- Be aware of potential health, safety, security and environmental impacts in your area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
- Understand and implement any parts of the Pasadena Polymer Chemicals’ Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that apply to your area of responsibil
- Participate in the site's on-going Pollution Prevention Process.
- Minimum HS diploma, some college preferred.
- 5+ years shipping experience in a plant environment.
- Associates degree may substitute for some experience.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have good working knowledge of SAP and inventory management.
- ISO/RC 14001
- Hazardous material
- Safety training
- Shipping procedures
- Product knowledge
- Customer knowledge