Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Chemical Operator position in Salisbury, NC.
- Complies with all safety and environmental regulations for the site.
- Responsible for the proper operation of process in which a chemical reaction takes place, regardless of whether the process is continuous or batch.
- Makes changes in instrument settings and formulas as described by the laboratory or supervisor.
- Reports safety issues or concerns to supervision as soon as they are found.
- Reports equipment deficiencies to ensure repairs can be made.
- Works with other operators assigned to their process area.
- Responsible for completing logs and records pertaining to their process.
- Performs certain analytical tests which are required for the proper function of their process.
- Responsible for the general cleanliness of their process area.
- Performs simple or minor maintenance on their equipment.
- Uses various types of tools required to perform their duties.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
- Participate in HSES activities directed by management/supervision.
- Contributes to the improvement of HSES processes at the Salisbury site by providing feedback and improvement opportunities.
- Aids in training of fellow employees for certifications in his/her work area.
- Team members must operate under any applicable Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) when performing functions within their role.
Required Education and Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED.
- High attention to detail required.
- Must be able to manage time, effectively.
- Be able to progress from Trainee to C, to B, to A, to Lead Operator as defined in the training.
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. *