Are transportation management systems (TMS), inbound legs, carriers, freight bill audit, carrier integration but also process descriptions, configuration, interfaces and data, acronyms which you use daily?
We are looking for an experienced IT architect bringing extensive SAP S/4 TM work-experience and IT knowledge who can fuel this exciting journey and make a long-term contribution to company thereafter.
Do you have broad knowledge and experience of architecture, technology platforms (SAP S/4 TM) and business processes in this area, with relevant experience with integrations to other functional areas / applications such as trade services (SAP GTS) and industry connectivity platform solutions, then we are looking for you!
Solution Architect TMS
Fulltime, Amersfoort / Amsterdam
Salary per month: EUR 5000 – 8000 before tax
Your challenge as a Solution Architect TMS
Short term, the initial 1 year+ focus of this role will work hands-on on the implementation and contribute to the architecture of the new Logistics TMS landscape, consisting of SAP S/4 TM, associated connectivity platforms, and integration with the SAP GTS as trade services platform and the legacy SAP ECC backend solution.
Long run, this role and position is co-responsible for the TMS architecture within Nouryon:
- Leads solutions compatible with the existing (technical and functional) architecture to ensure compliance with business and IM strategy, policy, guidelines, budget, and operational supportability around integrated supply chain and specifically manufacturing execution
- Ensures quality and consistency with template design for deployments
- Supports demand management in the ideation phase and early stages of the Information Management projects
- Influences others regarding the role and relevance of Solution Architecture in the business
- Proactively seeks continuous business and service improvement opportunities (cost and performance)
- Identifies opportunities to build cross-functional working relationships both including various internal (Process excellence teams, continuous improvement teams, process owner) and external parties (suppliers, peers, and others)
- Monitors the market to gain knowledge and understanding of currently emerging technologies in own area of expertise and current core application landscape
Your tasks and responsibilities:
Initial focus (1 year+ focus)
- This role will work hands-on on the implementation and contribute to the architecture of the new Logistics landscape based on SAP TM, SAP GTS and connectivity platforms.
- Translates business requirements into solutions and/or solution directions
- Supports demand management in writing project charters and translation into detailed requirements – in line with the IPM project methodology
- Defines, agrees, and communicates the roadmap for the applications in scope
- Reviews impact assessment and solution directions for Minor CR’s
- Executes system change requests and participates in multiple IM projects (depending on the size and number of ongoing projects the build and implementation can also be the responsibility of the solution architect)
- Keeps IM documentation up to date for the business processes and applications in scop
Information Management at Nouryon
We are a global specialty chemicals leader offering essential solutions for a sustainable future.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Our Information Management (IM) function is a global organization that supports all businesses, functions and country organizations. Our mission is to provide fit for purpose and effective IT services to help exceed our company ambition and grow talent and capabilities within the organization, making it easy for the users. Our IT application landscape is to a large extend based on SAP, Microsoft and ServiceNow.
Nouryon is embarking on a global initiative to deploy a new global Transport management landscape, including connectivity and trade services integrations.
Have you got what it takes?
To be eligible for this challenging position, you are a professional with at least 5 years of experience in TMS implementation projects and programs in the IT sector including 3 years in the areas of SAP S/4 Transportation Management and preferably also SAP GTS, SAP Sales and Distribution / Logistics Execution implementation.
Next to this, you have:
- A master / bachelor’s degree in relevant business field or IT, e.g., business administration, logistics, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field of study or proven capability and references in a similar role.
- Recent architecture and hands-on implementation knowledge of SAP S/4 Transportation Management, and preferably also integration with SAP GTS and connectivity platforms
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new trends and technologies, especially in the SAP ecosystem
- Business process modelling and application architecture design (logical and physical) – frameworks (TOGAF), tools, technologies, methodologies
- Strong analytical skills over multiple domains to identify opportunities and solutions
- Problem solving skills using knowledge, experience, and analysis of available information
- Ability to remain neutral toward technology, vendor, and product choices, as well as to be more interested in results than in personal preferences
- Ability to balance the long-term (or “big-picture”) and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to influence internal and external parties and communicate clearly at different levels
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces, and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
•A permanent contract
•A competitive salary, between EUR 65.000 and 103.000, based upon the experience you bring.
•An attractive bonus scheme.
•35 vacation days.
•An excellent pension plan.
•The option to participate in a collective health insurance.
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nouryon as Solution Architect TMS?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Please contact Paul Meester, Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.