Are you a Logistic Specialist with contract management experience with Road & Rail Bulk Providers in Europe? Are you a professional who embraces change initiatives and actively supports and executes programs related to this? If so, we are looking for you.
In our European Logistics hub, we have a vacancy for a:
Logistics Specialist Road & Rail
Fulltime, Arnhem/Amersfoort, the Netherlands
Gross annual salary including holiday allowance: EUR 52.000 – EUR 75.000
As Logistics Specialist Road & Rail you ensure that all logistics service providers are at high level performance, following the targets set by Nouryon. You are responsible for transport planning activities including capacity planning, shipment planning, carrier selection, routing, scheduling, tendering, and load building. Thorough ARD knowledge is required.
Your responsibilities include:
• Maintain relationships with existing logistics providers and discuss performance (KPI's) during review meetings.
• Maintain close relationships with internal business (Marketing & Sales) on their needs for logistic services (contract and spot)
• Maintain and develop network with road bulk providers in the market
• Track and monitor logistics provider, customer, and organization logistics KPIs and cost performance.
• Be seen as an expert within the Bulk road team
• Develop performance reports for review with Logistics Team Lead
• Initiate initiatives and support process improvements within supply chain.
• Act as key user for the systems being used
• Work close together with other Logistics Specialists to achieve a 'no touch' working process.
The Supply Planning & Logistics team
The European logistics team is responsible for all inbound and outbound transportation execution, and warehousing. The team is divided into a mainland Europe team based in Arnhem Netherlands and a team located in Gothenburg Sweden. This position is based in Arnhem and looks after execution to / from our sites and warehouses in mainland Europe.
Have you got what it takes?
To be eligible for this challenging position you have at least 4 years of demonstrated experience in road and rail transport, and supply chain. You have a strong understanding of the modal transport market and ADR.
Next to this, you have:
• At least a bachelor diploma in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or similar
• Excellent knowledge of the English language, both verbal as in writing (knowledge of German and/or French is a plus)
• Demonstrated knowledge in performing logistics activties
• Experience in leading logistics projects
• Strong working knowledge of programs specific to Logistics (SAP, TMS, WMS) and MS Excel and Word.
• Experience with the chemical industry is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and quickly develop a solution
• Outstanding communication skills and ability to communicate with various levels and functions within the organization
• Ability to support process improvement initiatives while balancing daily responsibilities
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
• A permanent contract
• An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies.
• An attractive bonus scheme
• 35 vacation days
• An excellent pension plan
• The option to participate in a collective health insurance
• Training opportunities
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nouryon as Logistics Specialist Road & Rail?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page, and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Rob Sanders, Recruiter, email@example.com.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.