Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Researcher for Cleaning Applications in Bridgewater, NJ.
- The successful candidate will join the Nouryon Chemicals team and will provide technical support on products and formulations for the home care & cleaning customers, which may include sub-segments such as hard surface cleaners, degreasers, hand dish wash, and laundry applications. The candidate will also assist in the formulation, development, and evaluation of ingredients and applications for the home care and cleaning segments.
- The position responsibilities include:
- Delivering project results on time
- Designs, performs and reports experiments necessary to attain the objectives of customer and RD&I projects which aligns with business strategy
- Correct use of lab procedures, methodologies and tools
- Formulation, development and testing of surfactants and polymers in home care and cleaning applications
- Provides technical support on home care products and formulations to customers
- Basic formulation knowledge in the home care and cleaning segment areas
- Maintains and promotes a safe work environment, complies with safety policies and procedures. Follows safe work practices for personal and equipment safety, in both the laboratory and in the field. End results are zero or minimum safety incidents and a clean, orderly working environment.
- Participates in incremental product development, and customer support projects and generates results as directed. May need to troubleshoot to identify root causes to solve customer problems.
- Conducts a significant level of formulation and applications work in the lab as defined in the project plan. Asks appropriate questions to clarify requirements, expectations and critical performance parameters.
- Plans, designs and performs complex experimental work. Interprets, compiles and reports experimental results through written lab reports and presentations.
- Methodology/tools: Keep up with relevant research methods and techniques in the field as well as implementing existing methods and techniques.
- Documents lab results through appropriate means including laboratory notebooks, interim and full reports, project meeting minutes, and monthly summaries. When visiting customers, writes reports with corresponding action items.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations to internal colleagues and external customers.
- Conduct routine maintenance and calibration for instruments in the Home Care Lab.
- Master's Degree in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering or Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering with up to 3-5 years of experience in home care & I&I cleaning development and applications.
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written. The ability to excel in a team environment is desired.
- Must want to perform hands-on laboratory bench work.
- Work experience in the application of surfactants and polymers to specific home care and I&I cleaning segment areas.
- Must possess a motivated personality and be able to work with minimal supervision. Candidate will effectively interact with various functions within department to fulfill his/her activities.