This Senior Researcher position is for a molecular spectroscopist within the Analysis America group at the Bridgewater New Jersey Performance Formulations business unit innovation laboratory of Nouryon. The Analytical group provides expertise in support of new Product Development, Regulatory, Product Applications, and Manufacturing. Our goal is to provide the best information within a short time to our customers in response to their characterization needs. The team operates regionally supporting all aspects of the business in the Americas. Capabilities and capacity is prioritized relative to business needs to achieve the best result with the most prompt response.
- Supply timely, insightful analytical reports from analysis data to internal customers including: Synthesis, Process Development, Application research groups, regulatory and Production.
- Participate as a member of an extended team encompassing multiple sites and a wide array of chemical analysis capabilities.
- Interact closely with Synthesis, Application research, Regulatory and plant QC groups in assisting with development of new products, resolving customer concerns, and providing methodology.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook, provide insightful analysis reports, prepare monthly summary reports, and utilize LIMS database.
- Maintain company safety standards and live the company values.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry / Analytical Chemistry; Master’s Degree in Chemistry with >5 years industrial experience will also be considered.
- Must have experience acquiring and demonstrated proficiency in interpreting vibrational spectroscopic data.
- Significant experience with IR and Raman instrumentation, data collection techniques and data interpretation.
- Experience with the application of statistical data processing tools, PCA, PLS.
- Experience with UV/Vis instrumentation and methodology is a plus.
- Experience with microscopy; optical and electron is a plus.
- Experience with materials characterization tools such as TGA, DSC and XRD is a plus.
- Good mechanical, statistical and mathematical skills.
- Proficient with instrument trouble-shooting, maintenance and repair.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient with MS Office suite of programs.
- Possess a strong work ethic and be a self-starter.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Possess good interpersonal skills.
- The position will require little travel.