We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Customer Service & Sales Support Specialist in Chicago, IL.
The Customer Service & Sales Support Specialist is responsible for ensuring a smooth sales process and supporting day to day internal commercial activities. This position also contributes to strengthening customer relationships by coordinating activities across functions to satisfy customer needs and by providing customer service support to internal and external customers.
Key Objectives/Objectives/Principal Accountabilities
- Enables flawless pre and post sales process (valid pricing/agreements, master data)
- Responsible for monitoring customer commitment fulfilment (compare and review orders to contract)
- Provide sales support to customers with special requirements
- Liaison between trade compliance and customers/sales
- Coordinate customer complaints
- Manage Sample Order Process and Customer MDM requests
- Manage 3rd party sample vendor billing process and sales process (Altivia)
- Continuous improvement to ensure cohesive and robust sales process including Master Data, Fleet and Sample Management and commercial training
- Coordinate rebate management with Account- and/or Sales & Marketing Managers
- Any special tasks that require coordination between customers/sales(management) and Customer Service and/or Logistics Hub
- Strong communicator
- Structured but flexible
- Open mindset, ability to see the bigger picture
- Service driven
- Stress resistant
- Business acumen
- Project management
- Continuous improvement
- Change Management
- Customer Service
Commercial Excellence, Sales Support, Business Analysis, Customer Service
Requirements for Job (education or experience required to be able to perform this job):
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience required
- 1-3 years’ experience in Customer Service or Sales Support in a manufacturing and/or logistics organization
- Fluent in English. Preferably additional command of Spanish.
- Experienced with CRM (Dynamics)
- Understanding of manufacture business environments and workflows.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, customer focused, result oriented, an effective team player, information synthesis and efficient problem solving required.
- Knowledge of SAP, preferably in Sales and Distribution in an international environment
- Experienced with data analysis in Excel