Nouryon is hiring! We are actively seeking an ambitious, finance professional to join our team as a Financial Analyst/Business Analyst Natural Resources and Intermediates North America.
In this highly visible role, you will support two of our key business lines. You will contribute to the execution of business strategy and achievement of financial objectives by monitoring, conducting financial analysis, and providing forward-looking management information aimed at the improvement of the operational, commercial, and financial effectiveness of the business operations.
If you are skilled at building relationships, have a passion for finance, and are looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic organization in a position with strong growth potential, we urge you to read below to learn how you can make an immediate impact with Nouryon!
Note: this position can be based out of Chicago, IL or Houston, TX
- Extracting financial data from various accounting and information systems and performing financial analyses of business figures maximizing the use of standard management reports.
- Interpreting financial data to determine past performance and/or to project the financial probability.
- Interpreting financial transactions/events for the ones who must make economic or business decisions.
- Supporting in the analysis for fleet management within the global Intermediates business
Business proposal and project support:
- Performing cost-benefit analysis related to business projects and/or programs and assisting in the development of business proposals.
- Being involved with sales contracts and related financial calculations
- Supporting or leading commercial related projects
- Involvement in the pricing analysis and margin management program of the business
- Collecting/compiling budget data, completing budget status reports and analyzing budget patterns as well as projects expenditures.
- Providing information on and answering questions relating to budget procedures.
- Identifying budget issues, providing alternative solutions and helping in the resolution of problems.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of budget monitoring systems.
- Determining costs of the business operations and recommends budget adjustments as well as other cost improvement measures.
- Calculating, classifying and summarizing financial transactions/events in accordance with valid accounting principles.
Education & Experience:
- 2 – 5 years of related working experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or similar (Master’s degree is a plus)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Technical expertise: SAP / Cloud Analytics / PowerBI / SQL desired
- Ability to drive continuous improvement while prioritizing and organizing work
- Effective communication skills and the ability to deliver information in an easily digestible manner to various levels of associates
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and analytical ability