Nouryon - has an outstanding opportunity for an Account Manager residing in the Houston, Texas or Louisiana area. This is a remote position.
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities
- Service existing accounts
- Grow business at existing accounts
- Review, manage and improve pricing levels within guidelines set out by commercial management. Apply tier service level charges where applicable.
- Negotiation of contract agreements and settlements of claims
- Responsible for payment collection at customers
- Develop new accounts for future sales
- Exercise technical selling to the fullest by visiting technical employees at accounts (manufacturing managers etc). Development of own technical knowledge of product lines and product application is a key success factor in this respect.
- Provide market intelligence feedback to commercial management on
- Market environment
- Potential new projects
- Manage relations with/service by internal departments to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ownership of customer complaint (OFI) resolution.
- Develop long term customer relationships. Brick-wall key accounts to fortify our company position at the key account
- Establish an annual sales plan for the assigned business scope within the overall strategy set out by commercial management. Such sales plan should aim to protect existing business as well as developing new business
- Timely reporting of all customer calls using pre-defined templates.
- Provide reliable sales forecast to ensure proper product availability planning.
- Cost control for assigned travel & entertainment cost
- Develop and maintain Key Account Plans for global or regional Key Accounts
- Participate in regular margin management review meetings with commercial management
- Meet Annual Sales Budget (Volume, Revenue, Contribution Margin) defined by commercial management
- Days of sales outstanding should be within the annual target
- Overdue receivables should not exceed target of total receivable amount
- Sales forecast should be accurate for the submitted figures
- Control Travel & Entertainment cost within annual budget
- Meet agreed number of call reports per year.
- Achieve market share targets for all product lines
- Complete market survey and reports before the agreed time
Requirements for Job (education or experience required to be able to perform this job):
- Has completed an (academic) education, preferably chemistry or chemical engineering.
- 3-10 years of sales experience or technical service to customers in a business to business environment.
- Knowledge of the Polymer (polyolefins, polystyrene and acrylics) market is a strong plus.
- Additional education in economics or MBA would be valuable.
- Has an excellent skill in English. Other languages such as Spanish are a plus.
- Should have talent and ambition to work in a technical sales environment.
- Open minded for cultural diversity and willing to travel extensively (50+%, in the US, mainly TX and LA).
- Excellent commercial skills in order to establish good relationships within targeted customer organizations.
- Strong computer skills with ability to use spreadsheets, databases, ERP and CRM systems, presentation and word processing software
- Ambition to grow within the organization