Customer Service Supervisor Job Description
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Customer Service Supervisor in Houston, Texas.
The Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for the execution and management of Customer Service processes related to order management. Job holder also acts as the customer services focal point for other functions/business/stakeholders.
- Act as focal point on CS process related issues for internal service units (Information Management, Accounting, Credit Control, Internal Audit, Procurement, Data Management, Human Resources and Facility Services)
- Act as escalation contact on order related issues
- Ensure procedures and knowledge level of CS team is up to standard on regulation, law and Nouryon compliance procedures
- Control, optimize and report on CS performance and business KPI’s
- Ensure proper and efficient usage of processes, systems and tools
- Management Demand Planning coordinating activities, sales forecasting support, if applicable
- Responsible for Managing department budget
- Minimum 7 years management experience in customer service for a global company. Experience with chemical companies is preferred
- Proven leadership skills including leading a team with a clear vision and strategy, results-orientation, change catalyst, and developing people
- Demonstrated knowledge and leadership experience in managing customer service activities at a global level
- Experience with oversight of multiple key tactical and strategic initiatives in parallel and/or involvement in a business transformation project
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Working knowledge and history of working with SAP
- Strong Microsoft office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.) and other forms of technology related to his/her job; keeps up to date on technological changes; adapts work approach to keep pace with innovations in technology
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Business Administration or equivalent level, and training in Customer Relationship Management.
- 7+ years experience in Customer Service Management or related field
- Strong customer focus and experience in implementing differentiated business rules
- Requires strong MS office skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Excellent front-line supervisory skills, communication and organizational skills are essential, solid understanding of proper business etiquette and high ethical standards are required.
All applicants offered positions by Nouryon will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.