Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. The dedication of more than 8,000 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability, and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Performs QC technician functions, designed for different manufacturing units to make process changes by using standard analytical methodology, to quantify the quality of the products produced in the units. Analyzes test data to support production activities.
- Ensure compliance in all aspects of safety with all applicable regulations (Nouryon and regulatory)
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement efforts including 5S activities in the laboratory
- Support and execute the site Quality Control Plan and ISO/Responsible Care
- Actively participate in Behavior-Based Safety (BBS) program
- Execute standard procedures and methods for analysis
- Perform a variety of chemical and instrumental analyses including raw material, in-process, and final product samples, environmental effluent sampling (to the extent assigned by the Quality Manager), and other specialized testing associated with the laboratory operation (GC, NIR, HPLC, FTIR, etc.)
- Records analysis observations and notes accurately (in MES and SAP)
- Coordinate and prioritize shift workload for the lab
- Reports results back to requestors – production, logistics, environmental, management – using appropriate approved methods
- Performs standard procedures to calibrate instruments, standardize titrants, and make reagents/indicators
- Maintains a neat, clean, and safe work area and documents results according to standards
- Maintain and improve equipment (incl corrective and preventive maintenance, calibration, replacement)
- Manage supplies (incl spare parts, reagents, standard, etc.)
- Oversee and manage retain sample storage
- Support Quality Manager in tasks as assigned
- Strive for improvements in the lab’s processes, environment, and equipment
- Other duties, assigned
Education & Experience
- AA/BA/BS Degree in Chemistry or related field is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Familiar with various chemical analytical (wet analysis) techniques and instrumental techniques (titrations, GC, HPLC, FTIR, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Advanced level computer skills (i.e. spreadsheets, Microsoft Office, SAP system) to prepare statistical reports.
- Practical knowledge of all the responsibilities above with ‘specialist level’ ability in Measurement System Analysis (MSA) and Continuous Improvement methodologies are advantageous for a QC Technician.
- Ability to creatively solve problems while maintaining a timely and cost-effective approach.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with clear prioritization and organizational skills.
- Effective communicator with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to make decisions and take action consistent with current developments and trends
- Must be able to access all areas of the site.
- Must be able to wear a necessary PPE when required (respirator, steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, and hard hat).
*All applicants offered positions by Nouryon, will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons*
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status*