Nouryon is looking for a Finishing Operator who will be responsible for blending and loading products in line with approved S.H.&E., Quality and Finishing guidelines to meet customer expectations.
- Understand and operate the equipment or processes in the area of assignment.
- Know mechanical operation of piping and equipment in assigned area.
- Working knowledge of plant processes in the area of assignment.
- Assist in the development of SOPs and the training of others in the area of assignment.
- Understand diagrams, equipment, process description, problem-solving of area, SOPs, etc.
- Basic maintenance skills including troubleshooting equipment and the permit systems. Make minor adjustments/repairs to the area.
- Handle all hazardous chemicals and waste in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Understands and operates instrumentation in the area of assignment.
- Participate in the development of the departmental continuous improvement projects and on project teams.
- Other duties and assignments as directed by the manager.
Quality Specific Responsibilities
- Understand and help implement the site’s Quality Policy, Quality goals and objectives, and the Quality Improvement Process (MTQ).
- Be fully aware of your specific quality assurance responsibilities.
- Be familiar with site-wide document control, internal quality audits, corrective action, non-conforming product, and record-keeping procedures.
- Be sure employees under supervision, if applicable, are aware of and are adequately trained in quality procedures.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of plant operator experience or process operator certification with industrial experience. Plant maintenance experience may substitute for some experience
- Knowledge of operating procedures and chemical reactions
- Able to work in a chemical plant environment
- Must be able to wear a respirator
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs and climb ladders
- Able to read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to wear steel-toed shoes & hard hat
- Must be able to grasp and understand procedures, etc.
- Must be mechanical-minded and analytical
- Must be able to push/pull drum dollies – manhandle into position
- Wear silver suit approximately 15 minutes at a time 3-4 times a day
- Work 12 hr shifts (4 on and 4 off)
- Mandatory ERT (handle fire hose wear bunker gear)
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Understand and assist with the upkeep of process safety information as required by the role.
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemicals in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
Nouryon offers a comprehensive array of benefits to support the well-being of our employees and their families. This includes paid vacation time, paid holidays, sick time, heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision plans, and a generous retirement savings plan in which the Company matches employee contributions at 100% on the first 6% of pay and makes an additional 3%+ service-based contribution.