Nouryon is looking for a Production Operator who will be responsible for blending and loading product in line with approved S.H.&E., Quality and Finishing guidelines to meet customer expectations.
- Understand and operate the equipment or processes in area of assignment.
- Know mechanical operation of piping and equipment in assigned area.
- Working knowledge of plant processes in area of assignment.
- Assist in the development of SOPs and the training of others in area of assignment.
- Understand diagrams, equipment, process description, problem solving of area, SOPs, etc.
- Basic maintenance skills including trouble shooting equipment and the permit systems. Make minor adjustments/repairs to the area.
- Handle all hazardous chemicals and waste in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Understands and operates instrumentation in area of assignment.
- Participate in the development of the departmental continuous improvement projects and on project teams.
- Other duties and assignments as directed by manager.
Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Specific Responsibilities
- Understand and help implement the site’s Operating Policy, and HSSE goals and objectives.
- Support and participate in on-going HSSE improvement activities and committees.
- Be aware of potential health, safety, security and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
- Understand and implement any parts of the Battleground Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that apply to area of responsibility.
- Participate in the site’s on-going Pollution Prevention Process
Quality Specific Responsibilities
- Understand and help implement the site’s Quality Policy, Quality goals and objectives, and the Quality Improvement Process (MTQ).
- Be fully aware of your specific quality assurance responsibilities.
- Be familiar with site wide document control, internal quality audits, corrective action, non-conforming product and record keeping procedures.
- Be sure employees under supervision, if applicable, are aware of and are adequately trained in quality procedures.
Battleground primarily produces metal alkyls, sold primarily as co-catalysts to major thermoplastic resins and rubber manufacturers (producers of polyethylene, polypropylene, and EPDM). The product line is complex with over 30 metal alkyl products (plus formulations) produced at Battleground. Products are extremely hazardous (pyrophoric, meaning they ignite on contact with air) and are highly reactive with water. The site also manufactures High Purity Metal Organics (HPMO) for the semi-conductor and LED industries.
Job Requirement / Candidate profile
- 5+ years plant operator experience or process operator certification with industrial experience. Plant maintenance experience may substitute for some experience
- Knowledge of operating procedures and chemical reactions
- Able to work in chemical plant environment
- Must be able to wear a respirator
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs and climb ladders
- Able to read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to wear steel toed shoes & hard hat
- Must be able to grasp and understand procedures, etc.
- Must be mechanical minded and analytical
- Must be able to push/pull drum dollies – manhandle into position
- Wear silver suit approximately 15 minutes at a time 3-4 times a day
- Work 12 hr shifts (4 on and 4 off)
- Mandatory ERT (handle fire hose wear bunker gear)
- Must be able to operate a fork lift
- Understand and assist with upkeep of process safety information as required by role.