The Production Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day safe and efficient operations of the Sodium Chlorate Manufacturing Process including coordination/scheduling of personnel, prioritizing maintenance needs, and labor relations.
Must be able to work shift work.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the Alkyls manufacturing process in accordance with site objectives, procedures, and requirements of regulatory and certifying agencies regarding Safety, Security, Health, Environmental, Quality, Efficiency, and Costs. (Regulatory and certifying agencies include OSHA, EPA, MDEQ, FDA, ISO, DOT, NSF, OU)
- Maintains operating procedures, training, development, and certification recommendation of assigned operating personnel.
- Responsible for fair and consistent administration of Company Policies, administrative documentation (e.g. pay records), and the Collective Bargaining Agreement as applicable to the work environment.
- Conducts routine assessments of the operating unit and personnel to prioritize maintenance work via efficient scheduling, planning, and equipment preparation.
- Schedules delivery and receipt of raw materials based upon production planning.
- Responsible for problem-solving, decision-making, and communication of plant activities to ensure continuous and efficient operation.
- Responsible for the purchase of supplies, services, and consumables in accordance with purchasing guidelines.
- Responsible to ensure hazardous wastes are handled appropriately in accordance with RCRA guidelines.
- Any and all jobs assigned
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma/GED with at least 2 years of post-secondary/military education (technical area preferred);
- Five (5) or more years of experience in the Chemical Industry
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and respond to technical data associated with the plant operation including demonstrating mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, decimals, and percentages and to apply the results to plant operations. Must be able to work with metric system measurements and conversions. The ability to solve practical and operational problems in the plant environment is crucial.
- Ability to interpret sample results and take appropriate responsive actions.
- Ability to interpret and accurately implement a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work with Computer Controlled Plant Operations is required.
Physical and Environmental
This job requires the capability to work in a chemical manufacturing setting with rotating, stationary, and high voltage equipment, the ability to climb multiple levels, work in/outdoors, in various noise environments, and lift up to 50 lbs. The employee must possess the knowledge necessary to work and direct the work of others safely. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position may require individuals to comply with Nouryon RBPS 12 Corporate CFATS Personnel Surety Compliance Policy for Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards, depending on the work area or activities within the plant.
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemicals in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
Nouryon offers a comprehensive array of benefits to support the wellbeing of our employees and their families. This includes paid vacation time, paid holidays, sick time, heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision plans, and a generous retirement savings plan in which the Company matches employee contributions at 100% on the first 6% of pay and makes an additional 3%+ service-based contribution.