Position is based in Lima, Ohio at the Chelates Joint Venture Site (Fort Amanda Specialties)
FAS is a joint venture between BASF and Nouryon and a major producer of chelating agents that are used in a broad range of applications.
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities:
- Test all products to be shipped for conformity to specification and test routine and not routine samples as needed including but not limited to : NaCN scrubber, ammonia, Biosump, raw materials, etc. in support of operations and HSE
- Assist in the development/implementation of new – experimental test procedures.
- Responsible for preparing special samples for shipment to customers.
- Enter lab data into SAP and Excel workbooks, and when necessary data from the Process Lab and Maintain standard laboratory records and notebooks for non-routine work. Interface with other stakeholders to disseminate results when necessary.
- Calibrate and maintain all laboratory equipment.
- Ensure reagents, testing solutions, laboratory supplies, sample shipping supplies, etc for QC and Process labs are ordered/prepared/available.
- Ensure equipment in Process lab is in good working order and maintained.
- Train and audit Operators on sampling and quality testing and analysis and assist as needed.
- Act as internal ISO (lead) auditor
- Degree in Chemistry is required
- Requires knowledge and ability to operate computers.
- Strong math skills.
- Good lab technique for quantitative analysis.
- Working knowledge of Gas Chromatograph (GC), Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS), pH meters, balances, titrators, High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and other sophisticated analytical equipment.
- Ability to work safely in the lab.
- Good at time management
ADA Physical Requirements:
Be certain that lifting weights, physical activities and/or strength, mobility and agility required to perform the job effectively are included. Clarify how much on-the-job time is spent on the physical activities such as standing, walking, sitting, using hand to finger, handle, or feel, reaching with hands and arms; climbing or balancing; stooping, kneeling, couching or crawling; talking or hearing; and tasting or smelling. Use the chart below to develop your description of physical demands.