1. Purpose/Key Objectives of the Job
- Provide primary staff support to plant functional areas relative to Safety, Health and Environment (SHE). Administration and coordination of facility safety, fire protection, employee health, emergency response, hazardous waste disposal, process safety management, environmental control and related programs. Responsible for documentation, permits, and reports as required to local, state and federal authorities relative to SHE.
- Serve as the Management Representative for the plant Quality System. Responsible for the management, administration and implementation of the plant Quality System and document control.
- Assist the Distribution/Loading Supervisor with customer services needs and transportation of product and raw materials as needed.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and assist in the implementation and administration of the SHE Management System for the plant. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of safety, health and environmental regulations.
2. Serve as the primary liaison with safety, health and environmental regulatory agencies, insurance carriers, outside organizations, and corporate on SHE related issues.
3. Responsible for insuring plant security in accordance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
4. Coordinate accident investigations, project safety reviews, safety meetings, record keeping and related activities and serve on plant safety committee.
5. Assist in the determination of safety equipment requirements, including selection, usage and employee training.
6. Maintain agency documentation (rules and regulations) such as BNA Environmental Reporter, CFR 40, CFR 29, etc.
7. Responsible for safety related training, such as contractor safety, lift trucks, crane slings, first aid, etc. Plan and administer necessary training.
8. Serve as Incident Commander and serve as temporary upgrade as needed through the delegation of authority procedure. Perform other tasks and duties as directed by management.
9. Serve as the Management Representative for the Plant Quality System as defined by company requirements.
10. Develop, implement and revise manuals, programs, procedures and practices relating to SHE and Quality. Assist the Distribution functional area with the same.
11. Assist the Distribution/Loading Supervisor and management with customer service needs, including customer complaints. Communicate with Sales & Marketing on issues relating to the safe transportation of product and raw materials.
12. Verify that all Department of Transportation and other regulations relating to distribution are complied with and that all training and documentation meets these requirements.
13. Prepare budgets for SHE and Quality and track performance.
14. Commit company funds for non-stock materials and services within defined policies and approvals.