The Pasadena site manufactures organic peroxides which are sold to major manufacturers of thermoplastic resins such as PVC, LDPE, polypropylene, EPS and acrylic resins. Organic Peroxide products are hazardous, mainly due to temperature controlled transportation and handling. The Pasadena site also manufactures thermoset and crosslinking peroxides, as well as toll produces optical monomers.
- Evaluates demand forecast for validity, significant changes, and coordinates revisions with sales and marketing as necessary.
- Prepares Sales and Operations Plan (S&OP) including production, inventory and capacity utilization plan for assigned units. Leads monthly S&OP meeting for assigned area.
- Develops detailed schedule ensuring it meets customer requirements, capacity availability as well as working capital guidelines. Communicates the schedule in daily production meetings.
- Orders raw materials and packaging to support detailed production schedule.
- Manages intercompany stock transport per “push planning” model.
- Prepares special analysis on demand, supply, inventory, capacity or resources as assigned to support business decisions across supply chain.
- Maintains SAP master data as necessary to support materials management and production planning.
- In coordination with the business goals, sets and evaluates stock targets on period basis as well as when new materials SKU’s are created.
- Other duties and assignments as directed by manager.
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Engineering, Business, Operations Management or Supply Chain
- APICS CPIM Certification or progress towards highly preferred
- Bachelor Degree may substitute for some experience
- 3-10 years experience in planning, customer service, sales or operations.
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Excel, as well as SAP knowledge.
- Good Analytical skills
- Able to read, write and communicate well in English
- Must be able to wear steel toed shoes, safety glasses and hard hat when going into the plants