The Pasadena site manufactures organic peroxides which are sold to major manufacturers of thermoplastic resins such as PVC, LDPE, polypropylene, EPS and acrylic resins. Organic Peroxide products are hazardous, mainly due to temperature-controlled transportation and handling. The Pasadena site also manufactures thermoset and crosslinking peroxides, as well as toll produces optical monomers.
Production Scheduler acts as the Business Partner to one or more regional business teams to agree on cost targets, secure alignment between PR procurement activities and business unit while supporting a team of PR Category Managers to secure commercial excellence across the regions, drive performance improvements within the supply chain and secure that all procurement deliverables within projects are provided on time at a high quality.
- Evaluates demand forecast for validity, significant changes, and coordinates revisions with sales and marketing as necessary.
- Prepares Sales and Operations Plan (S&OP) including production, inventory, and capacity utilization plan for assigned units. Leads monthly S&OP meeting for assigned area.
- Develops detailed schedule ensuring it meets customer requirements, capacity availability as well as working capital guidelines. Communicates the schedule in daily production meetings.
- Orders raw materials and packaging to support detailed production schedule.
- Manages intercompany stock transport per “push planning” model.
- Prepares special analysis on demand, supply, inventory, capacity or resources as assigned to support business decisions across supply chain.
- Maintain SAP master data as necessary to support materials management and production planning.
- In coordination with the business goals, sets and evaluates stock targets on period basis as well as when new materials SKU's are created.
- Other duties and assignments as directed by manager.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a business-related area or industry, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in production scheduling, ideally in a fast-paced chemical plant-type environment.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence and inspire.
- Ability to prioritize efficiently and make sound decisions.
- Focus on value creation and performance management.
- Deep understanding of external business trends.
- Strong analytical skills: highly numerate, structured, organized, and accurate; Analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills with the ability to engage people at all levels of the organization; Ability to resolve conflicts and build organizational alignment.
- Highly effective with stakeholder management and capability to build strong relationships internally and externally.
- Proficient with SAP, MRP, and MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint.