1. Purpose of the job
This Sales Support role will cover both responsibility for regular sales support activities and supply/demand planning for APAC region.
As regular sales support (40%), the role needs to cover with regular MDM and sales contract support and support with sale & marketing team activities (incl. team meeting, marketing campaign, etc).
As supply/demand planner(60%), the role is responsible to deliver a monthly demand plan as part of the business planning process for their responsible area that is approved through the Demand Management Review process. The role will focus on increasing the efficiency of the supply chain through targeted forecast accuracy and associated KPIs to ensure product is available to meet the sales plan, while minimizing operational costs. The role will also support the supply planning activities for Ningbo’s onsite expanding equipment to ensure the production schedule matching the demand request. The role will also monitor the domestic inventory level to ensure efficient inventory management.
2. Key responsibilities
- Monitor sales agreement fulfilment and escalate to Account Managers of customers with orders below or over their forecast/contract, run the FDP approval process as gatekeeper.
- Coordinating sales meetings
- Monitor and coordinate complaint investigations and support Account Managers in reviewing and closing complaints and providing a response to the customer
- Handle back office contract administration including archiving of documents related to the sales process
- Act as a liaison between Master Data Management, Business Intelligence, Sales, Contract Officer and Customer Service Hub
- Pro-actively monitor order pattern behaviour
- Coordinate participation on seminars, exhibitions, customer event and etc.
- Analyze and manage the forecast and compare with historical sales history.
- Monthly reporting of Demand Management scorecard.
- Develop Mid and Short Term Supply Plan to Ningbo site using Rough Cut Capacity Planning to validate capabilities
- Initiate and execute short and medium term supply optimization from given customer demand and plant cost and capacity structure and communicate to the organization.
- Develop and provide plants with monthly supply plan
- Evaluate business opportunities with the help of an optimization tool
- Develop and ensure that inventory stocking policies are followed for produced products or trade goods down to SKU level including safety stock levels and order quantities.
- Monitoring of process order On Time, In Full (OTIF) metric will be required to assess quality of plan.
- Coordinate the execution of the demand plan with responsible sales teams and customer services teams, effectively managing any exceptions with supply capability
- Work collaboratively with the Sales/Account Managers to ensure key assumptions on anticipated market movements and commercial strategy are reflected within the forecasts
- Actively communicate situation on slow moving products / discontinued products to the Sales Managers
- Actively communicate situation on blocked stock to the ISC organization
- Determine the most appropriate inventory replenishment models that balance service, cost, and inventory based on the objectives of the business using Arkieva Inventory Module
SAP master data:
- Maintenance of Arkieva master data relevant for the forecast process, supply and inventory planning process.
- Maintenance of SAP master data (replenishment parameters and Planning rates) relevant for the supply and inventory planning process..
- Prepare and facilitate Demand Management Review and Supply Management Review
- Co-leads the Demand Supply Review (DSR) to drive tactical implementation of the approved plans.
- Provide input to the Demand Management Review (SMR) in developing forecasting strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
3. Level of autonomy
The job holder is expected to operate within their approved budget and within their delegation of authority. This includes external spending, scheduling of hours and vacation, and decisions on inventory policies.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, Mathematics, Engineering, Supply Chain, or related discipline
• Highly proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Access; SharePoint)
• Very good English communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Demonstrable capability to analyze data (including mass cross-reference data validation, trending and forecasting)
• Strong communication skills; able to communicate with all functional levels within the business
• Experience with SAP (or equivalent ERP system), Business Warehouse (or equivalent data warehouse) or Arkieva (or equivalent advanced planning software) is preferred
• Solid understanding of supply chain and business processes
• Ability to prioritize and proactively complete projects with little direction
• Process driven attitude and results-orientated
• Willing to travel (10%)