As Site Manager you will be responsible for our CMC Site in Arnhem, for both ongoing operation and driving the improvement in all aspects of the Site. Do you have excellent people management experience, are you used to work in a very dynamic environment on a chemical production site and are you able to make the right decisions under pressure? Then we have a challenging opportunity for you!
Salary per year: EUR 116.000 – 145.000 before tax
Your challenge as a Site Manager
As Site Manager, you will be a member of the Business Management Team (BMT) that sets the business goals and objectives for the CMC business in Arnhem. You will be responsible for the overall improvement cycle for all aspects of the site. The goal is to realize a year-on-year productivity increase on this location and translate the objectives and standards from corporate, the BU, Performance Formulations and the BMT into local objectives and individual targets for employees. You need to develop new objectives and standards and define targets and plans together with the employees to achieve the (long-term) business goals. Other responsibilities in this role:
- Monitor the targets and plans, and take corrective and/or supportive actions if necessary.
- Developing the organization and its employees, with respect to HSE&S, Quality, Production, Logistics, Customer Service, HR, Purchasing, Control, Technology, and Maintenance.
- Link to the company’s organization and external parties, as a representative but also to share, learn and help the organization to build effective contacts and networks.
- Ensures the compliance with relevant legislation and Corporate Directives and the Health, Safety, Environment, and Security Procedures, Rules, and Standards.
- Creating a positive culture towards HSE&S aspects and set-up a framework for continuous improvement.
- Ensure the site has adequate management systems and resources to run the operation according to the defined quality systems (e.g. ISO, HACCP, GMP).
- Ensure the management systems remain up to date and known. Strive for continuous improvement to optimize these work processes.
- Support R&D, Marketing/Sales, and Technology to implement projects that improve the business result.
- Strive for continuous improvement, such that variable and fixed manufacturing costs are reduced [€/ton] over the years.
We are a global specialty chemicals leader and supply industries worldwide with essential chemicals for the manufacture of products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, as well as cleaning and personal care items. Over the course of our nearly 400 years of existence, we have built up a wealth of expertise, forged long-term customer partnerships, and earned a place among the best-performing companies in our industry in terms of safety, sustainability, and reliability. Nouryon operates in over 80 countries around the world.
CMC is a versatile product that is applied in diverse markets worldwide, varying from food and pharmaceuticals to oil drilling. It is produced from cellulose, caustic and MCA. The plant in Arnhem is flexible and capable of producing a large number of product types, of both technical and pure grade. The production process is complex, consisting of multiple lines that are operated semi-continuously. A large part of downstream processing consists of solid material handling. The site is classified as “PBZO” (Prevention Policy Severe Accidents), meaning that there is an increased (high) HSE risk stretching beyond site boundaries. The facility is EX-zoned due to the presence of explosive chemical vapors and dusts. Furthermore, the handling of MCA is considered extremely hazardous due to its corrosive and toxic nature. All this results in a strong focus on HSE. The site is certified in quality management (ISO 9001), environmental management (ISO 14001), labor safety (OHSAS 18001), and food safety (FSSC22000, GMP+, Kosher, Halal). Maintaining these certificates is vital for the business.
Have you got what it takes?
Is this a challenge that matches your skills and ambitions? We are looking for someone with at least 10 years of experience in a manufacturing organization preferably in chemicals and 5 years of experience as a manager for a “larger” department and someone who is fluent in both Dutch and English.
Additionally, you also bring the following:
- An academic degree (MSc.) with a major in process engineering or a related field.
- A people manager who is:
- able to listen and understand the message behind the words, able to bring the message across at all levels of the organization;
- able to withstand pressure and develop own standards and opinions;
- able to coach and develop people on their own (maturity) level;
- create an effective and efficient team.
- Additional Management Development training/experience would be preferred.
- Experience with (HR) Legal requirements and company requirements, Quality, and Purchasing.
- HSE&S both technical and able to change a culture.
- Experience with Operational Excellence techniques: e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, TPM, Kaizen, etc.
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces, and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership, and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract.
- A competitive salary, between EUR 116.000. and 145.000, based upon experience.
- An attractive bonus scheme.
- 30 vacation days.
- An excellent pension plan.
- The option to participate in a collective health insurance.
- Training opportunities.
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become the first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nouryon as Site Manager?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter.
Any questions? Please contact Kevin Prins, Recruiter, email@example.com