The Scientist will join the Nouryon team and be responsible for the research, development, and evaluation of formulations related the Agriculture and Food Segment. The main focus will be for crop protection product formulations, such as suspension concentrates, emulsifiable concentrates, soluble liquid, water dispersible granules, drift control agent etc
- Provide solutions for technical challenges based on scientific knowledge of surfactants/polymer for crop protection market.
- Understanding of key surfactant/polymer principles, including adsorption/desorption, dispersing, emulsifying, wetting, compatibilizing etc.
- Identifies project need, set-up, plan, execute, analyze, interpret, and report experiments to the R&D and business organization
- Conduct research and development of experimental surfactants/polymers in the target crop protection application areas.
- Keeps current on uses and improves relevant research methods in the field, ensures retention of knowledge through research reports and presentation to the team
- Demonstrate knowledge of surfactant/polymer interactions to offer formulation and/or application solutions using Nouryon’s ingredients in the target crop protection market area
- Identify opportunities for technical innovation and translating them to R&D initiatives.
- Lead the technical portion of innovation projects and ensure execution and delivery, using multiple areas of expertise
- With IP group files IP applications to protect own research work
- Monitor and analyze 3rd party IP to keep up with technology advancement
- Understand impact of future drivers and apply this knowledge to the development and improvement of technologies
- Will attend customer contact meetings and prepares and presents information for customer contact as appropriate
- Maintain and promote a safe work environment. End results are zero or minimum safety incidents and a clean, orderly working environment
- Functional Excellence: Surfactant Research, Development & Application
- Problem Solver
- Experimental Principles and Design
- Business and Technical Communication
- Communication (written and presentation) skills
- Interface internally with the marketing, technical service, technology, and manufacturing groups, and externally with customers to fulfill solution
- PhD in chemistry / chemical technology with 3 years of experience or Master's Degree in chemistry / chemical technology and 5 years of experiences or Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry / chemical technology and 10 years of experience
- Perform hands-on laboratory bench work
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the technical and business networks
- 10-15% travel may be required