At Nouryon, our global team of Changemakers takes positive action every day, to reach higher collectively and individually. We create innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers to answer society’s needs – today and in the future.
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician who will help maintain the operation of the plant and make repairs needed to keep the plant running in a safe manner.
About the job
Maintenance Technicians will be responsible for carrying out all aspects of the activities relating to the maintenance of production equipment, buildings and other facilities of the plant. Carry out any preventative maintenance activities and make emergency repairs and other tasks as required.
In your future role as a Maintenance Technician you will:
- Carry out work in a safe manner, applying all the prevention measures prescribed. Report and correct all potentially dangerous situations without any delay.
- Make adjustments on equipment, consider possible causes of defects and damages and report findings.
- Work closely with production department, engineers, and other technicians to detect situations to be studied to prevent equipment failure and solve technical problems in order to reduce the cost of unexpected shutdowns.
- Participate in meetings with supervisor and plant management. Communicate ideas and suggestions to improve maintenance procedures, work methods, health and safety, etc.
We believe you bring
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from 2-year college or technical school and three years related experience and/or training in their area of primary specific responsibility; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid Drivers License
- Ability to do basic math calculations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and basic computer skills
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment
Great if you have
- General Mechanical skills and experience working on pumps and other equipment
- VDF Knowledge
- On the job training will be provided
We believe you have
- Welding and pipefitting experience
- Good organizational and analytical skills Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; communicates effectively with various employee groups, contractors, and management.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to Work at Heights
We offer you
A place to grow your career and learn more. Employees (and their families) will be eligible for coverage for medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance and paid sick and paid parental leave. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401k plan. Employees will also receive (eight hours of vacation leave every month) and (twelve) paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
Good to know
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor at the Green Bay, WI. site.
Please apply via our online recruitment system. We will not accept applications via e-mail. Once it's with us we will review to see if we have a match between your skills and the role! For more information about our hiring process, visit: nouryon.com/careers/how-we-hire/
We look forward to receiving your application!
We kindly ask our internal candidates to apply with your Nouryon email via Success Factors.
If you’re looking for your next career move, apply today and join Nouryon’s worldwide team of Changemakers in providing essential solutions that our customers use to manufacture everyday products such as personal care, cleaning, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Our employees are driven by the wish to make an impact and actively drive positive change. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or staffing companies.