Nouryon is a leader in essential chemicals and operates chemical processing facilities (manufacturing sites) across its global footprint. The company has over 8,000 employees and has a proud 400-year legacy that started in Europe.
The North America Operational Excellence (OpEx) Lead supervise, coach and train teams of regional OpEx Managers who are leading complex improvement projects selected by Integrated Supply Chain Leadership Team (ISCLT) with significant impact on the Company. They operate across Business Unit (BU) lines to drive change and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
OpEx Leads typically work in their home regions but as required, will assist in driving L6S initiatives on a global basis. OpEx Leads must be passionate about continuous improvement, effective change agents, highly capable team leaders, skilled instructors, accomplished coaches and L6S content experts. They will be a key resource in identifying and defining improvement opportunities and in helping to build a long-term continuous improvement culture.
- Acts as the line manager for the OpEx Managers in the region. Provides on-going management, support and development to direct reports.
- Offers a clear sense of direction, motivating and empowering OpEx Managers to enable them to carry out their responsibilities with confidence.
- Builds teamwork through engagement. Aligns team members by sharing information, tying their work and goals to the Company vision and values.
- Responsible for driving for the successful delivery of productivity & OEE targets, implementation of ALPS processes and the completion of Black Belt projects for value generation.
- Deploys, drives, leads and delivers operational excellence programs and initiatives within ISC.
- Actively drive, follow up and coach sites on performance improvement in key areas.
- Works closely with the Central Team to provide insights and ensure alignment with productivity, OEE and improvement programs
- Leads complex, high-priority improvement projects, as directed by the ISCLT, to provide the right level of leadership on critical projects and initiatives
- Serves, along with fellow OpEx Leads and Managers, as the technical expert on the use and training of Lean Six Sigma. Help build a long term operational excellence / continuous improvement culture.
- Delivers training to the Black Belts and Green Belts as needed throughout the organization.
- Assists in the development and deployment of the Lean Six Sigma (L6S) program and helps provide visibility of the program across Nouryon
- Demonstrates the continuous improvement of his/her own skills and knowledge
- Challenges the ISCLT to continuously improve the L6S program
- Primarily work in the region but as required, will assist in driving Operational Excellence initiatives at global locations.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree minimum. Master’s degree preferred
- Degrees related to chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, technical, supply chain or related fields are most appropriate.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. Master Black Belt preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and expert use in Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
- Manufacturing experience is a strongly preferred.
Job Requirements & Competencies
Willingness to travel as required, internationally and domestically; as much as 50%
- Skilled and experienced in managing change programs
- Extensive experience in training and coaching; able to impart knowledge to others
- Team leadership skills and the capability to work effectively in international teams
- Passion for innovation, change and continuous improvement
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize and simplify work
- Experienced project manager
- Demonstrated high performance levels and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. The dedication of more than 8,000 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance. We operate in over 80 countries around the world with a portfolio of industry-leading brands.
All applicants offered positions by Nouryon, will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons.