Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader. Our approximately 8,000 employees worldwide help to provide essential solutions that our customers use to manufacture everyday products such as personal care, cleaning, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. We forge and foster long- term customer partnerships and operate in more than 80 countries around the world.
Our attention to societal trends, and our ability to translate these into business opportunities, alongside our dedication to customers, have earned us a place among the leading companies in our industry in terms of safety, sustainability, and innovation. Our portfolio of industry-leading brands comprises Nouryon’s solutions that play an essential role in the daily lives of people across the world
In total there are approximately 2500 employees working within the Americas with development, production and sales of products that make everyday life easier for people.
If you embrace the kind of culture which is reflected in Nouryon’s company values - aiming high, owning it, and doing it right, every day - then you might fit right in at Nouryon. Learning and development, sustainability and ethical conduct are core elements for Nouryon’s strategy for growth and success. There are no strict hierarchies in Nouryon and the possibility for everyone to have an impact is a core element of working at Nouryon.
Role in the organization
Location: Katy, Texas or Radnor Pennsylvania
As Head of Rewards Americas, you will be part of a forward thinking HR department and have a dual reporting line. You will report directly to the VP Total Rewards in the US and have a dotted line to the VP HR in the United States. You will work closely with the line managers in North and South Americas as well as your Total Rewards and HR colleagues across the globe. You will also play an important role in the global reward community and be part of the Group Total Rewards team.
Day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Head of Rewards Americas will be responsible for leading the development, implementation and management of the reward strategy and programs in North and South American regions. Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as a member of the Global Total Rewards Team and assist in the development and implementation of the global rewards strategy for the organization and related programs and policies.
- Develop and implement the reward strategy for the organization in North and South Americas, in line with the overall global reward strategy of Nouryon.
- Oversee the design and implementation of compensation, including salary structures, bonus plans and other incentive initiatives on both a global and regional basis.
- Conduct local market research and benchmarking to ensure the organization’s reward programs remain competitive.
- Partner with HR BP’s and line managers to ensure that reward programs support the organization’s talent management, attraction and retention objectives
- Manage the annual performance review process in the Americas and support the global process, ensuring effective communications and compliance
- Act as a business partner to line managers and employees providing guidance and advice on compensation programs, policies and procedures in alignment with global programs and local- practices
- Assist in the equity analysis, stock plan administration and related executive compensation and equity program design and administration.
- Partner with HR Operations / Payroll to ensure the delivery of reward elements (base, STI, pension, etc.) comply with and conform to collective agreements; country and local legislation/regulations and develops necessary controls and audit procedures;
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the organization’s reward programs and pay practice using data and analytics
- Partner with accounting and finance departments to ensure accurate financial reporting and compliance with related tax laws
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations relating to compensation and benefits
- Prepares communications to key stakeholders, as necessary, and partners with HRBPs in change management activities
- Drive and lead various projects across the Americas and globally
- May support other regions as applicable
Qualifications & Skills
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
- 5-8+ years of experience in compensation management, job measurement and market pricing activities; or relevant experience in compensation consulting.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the organization; work through complex challenges to achieve solution, effectively work across the matrix to ensure all relevant parties are consulted.
- Strong knowledge of labor regulations, employment markets and collective agreements
- Results Oriented - action-oriented problem solver; commercially savvy and committed to getting into the details of a matter and personally handling it through to conclusion.
- Team Player - ability to work well and build relationships across all levels of the organization, and be highly effective and able to maximize the efficiency of the legal department.
- Business Focus - business-orientation with the ability to drive innovative solutions and strategies, and to appropriately balance risk with the need for the business to take action. Ability to link actions to company strategy and performance.
- Communicator - excellent communication and presentation skills, capability to scale support across a large organization and multiple jurisdictions.
- Continuous Improvement Mentality - focused on improving the Company’s service, products and processes, with the ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Personal Attributes - high energy with the highest levels of personal and professional integrity.
- Strong personal drive - does not require others to direct activities. Sets high goals or standards of performance for self and is dissatisfied with average performance. Has a high need to achieve successfully.
- Ability to define and forge new standalone culture of Nouryon. Understands working in a high-performance culture and can help drive this into the business.
- Comfortable working within a lean environment where “doing” – not just leading is mandatory.
- Outstanding reasoning and analysis, and strategic thinking ability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Advanced problem solving and change management skills with the ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively.
- Analytical and creative, with proven good business judgment.
Travel: less than 10%