Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for an “Global Environmental Liability Manager” in Radnor, PA or Houston, TX.
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. https://www.nouryon.com/
Principal company environmental manager responsible companywide for environmental governance processes of Environmental Liability Risk management (including Corporate Policies, Rules, and Guidance) and Environmental Liability Risk assessment and reporting.
- Monitors and manages the company exposure to environmental liabilities covering recognized and contingent liabilities.
- Directs the management of impaired sites and of environmental liabilities associated with all Nouryon sites (current and former operating sites) or other third-party obligations to ensure that the obligations are fulfilled and maintained in control, costs are minimized, and company reputation is safeguarded.
- Prepares strategy and directs execution to extinguish or exit environmental liabilities, limiting future exposure and maximizing value on site divestments.
- Controls annual expenditures of the Environmental Liability Management department and operational expenditures (Actuals, Budget and Rolling Forecast).
- Responsibility for regulatory compliance and environmental engineering design for soil and groundwater remediation projects. Maintaining department standards and processes to ensure compliance.
- Negotiates with regulators and other stakeholders to avoid or minimize liabilities and to deliver solutions for environmental liabilities that are beneficial to the company and that limit future risks.
- Scopes, supervises and delivers environmental due diligence in transactions.
- Assesses, benchmarks, and advises on environmental liabilities worldwide. Develops a strategy for forward looking contingent liability management, mitigation and avoidance.
- Tracks emerging contaminants, regulatory and technology trends, develops the required internal competence accordingly and ensures company wide access to approved external specialist resources.
- Post-graduate degree or documented equivalent experience in relevant field of study (geology, environmental engineering, etc.)
- 10+ years managing remediation projects (Knowledge of current tech approaches)
- Ability to interact and communicate detailed technical concepts across multiple corporate and government levels and public entities, including experience negotiating with government officials
- Lead external and internal teams
- Financial/business acumen, including knowledge of financial accounting standards