This entry level position requires the successful candidate to perform routine wet chemistry and gas chromatography testing using established methods. Instrumental analyses include the following types of equipment: gas chromatograph, XRF, titrator, and other instrumentation. Familiarity with Chromeleon Chromatography software is a plus.
- Perform routine wet chemistry testing in accordance to established analytical methods.
- Perform routine gas chromatography testing in accordance with established analytical methods.
- Calculate and review routine analytical data for accuracy using lab database software.
- Follow established safety practices and training requirement.
- Prepare and maintain laboratory solutions and reagents.
- Ability to multitask and work independently with minimal supervision.
- AAS in Chemical Technology, BA, or BS degree in chemistry or related science with a minimum of chemistry courses, including general and organic chemistry I&II.
- 1-2 years chemical lab experience.
- Basic understanding of modern analytical chemistry.
- Basic understanding of laboratory automation.
- Must be able to stand for an extended period.
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shift including nights, holidays, weekends, and overtime if necessary.
- Wear required PPE (personal protective equipment) per SOP.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.