Nouryon is seeking a Chemist for the Lima, Ohio facility at the Chelates Joint Venture Site (Fort Amanda Specialties). The FAS is a joint venture between BASF and Nouryon and a major producer of chelating agents that are used in a broad range of applications.
- Test all products to be shipped for conformity to specification and test routine and not routine samples as needed
- Assist in the development/implementation of new – experimental test procedures.
- Responsible for preparing special samples for shipment to customers.
- Enter lab data into SAP and Excel workbooks, and when necessary data from the Process Lab and Maintain standard laboratory records and notebooks for non-routine work. Interface with other stakeholders to disseminate results when necessary.
- Calibrate and maintain all laboratory equipment.
- Ensure reagents, testing solutions, laboratory supplies, sample shipping supplies, etc for QC and Process labs are ordered/prepared/available.
- Ensure equipment in Process lab is in good working order and maintained.
- Train and audit Operators on sampling and quality testing and analysis and assist as needed.
- Act as internal ISO (lead) auditor
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry complimented by working knowledge of Gas Chromatograph (GC), Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS), pH meters, balances, titrators, High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and other sophisticated analytical equipment.
- Excellent lab techniques for quantitative analysis.
- Demonstrated ability and comfortability working in various computer systems/programs
- Commitment to safety, ability to follow all safety policies and procedures in the lab
- Strong communication, collaboration, and time management skills